Pineapple Coconut Crumb Bars Recipe #1
The pineapple coconut crumb bars are easy dessert recipes and best treat for every season or weather. Enjoy the taste of these crunchy coconut crumb topping and delicious pineapple filling in a single recipe.
Servings: 9 squares
For crust and crumb topping
cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (100% juice)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
First, you need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Take an 8” square shape baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside for the time being. Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour your ingredients such as flour, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt in it and whisk it smoothly. Add the butter and stir it with the help of a fork until the mixture turns to coarse crumbs. Now take out one cup out of this mixture for further use and press the remaining mixture on the bottom of the parchment paper coated pan. Mix together the crushed pineapple, cornstarch, and sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour it over crust and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the reserved dough mixture on the filling. Bake these raw bars on the center rack of your oven for 24 to 25 minutes or until your toppings turn to golden color with brown golden spots on it. Once baked cool these crumb bars on the cooling rack. After that take it out of the pan very gently and place them on the cutting board. With the quantity of the above-mentioned ingredients, you will manage to cut 9 squares all total. Serve it in your dessert plate and enjoy its crunchy and natural sweetened flavor.
- Make sure you melt your butter and allow it to cool completely before mixing it directly it in the mixture especially the hot melted butter. The hot butter application will cook the flour and the crumb would not form which is the real essence of this recipe.
- In order to get perfect texture and flavor of your crumb bars make sure that you drain the crushed pineapple from the juice as much as it is possible by squeezing it enough. Eat it later by adding in smoothies or drink. If remain left a little bit that doesn’t matter.