Strawberry sauce recipe #1
This Strawberry sauce recipe is very easy to make and takes only 3 ingredients. It will feel wonderful to take it over ice cream.
Servings: 1 Large cup strawberry sauce
- 1 Pint sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
Follow the below-mentioned instructions one by one to make your first strawberry sauce at home without getting messy and of excellent taste.
Take a medium-sized saucepan and pour all the ingredients such as sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon. Stir them well until they get mixed well.
Now keep the saucepan over medium flame and stir occasionally. Wait until the strawberries started releasing its juice and the whole mixture get boiled well. Within 5 to 8 minutes usually, your mixture will start boiling.
After that reduce the flame to low medium heat so that the strawberries would be cooked well from inside. Keep stirring occasionally until this mixture takes the thick texture. It will usually take 15 to 20 minute time to get perfect thick sauce texture.
Once your mixture is thickened properly remove it from the heat and pour this prepared strawberry sauce into a glass container and let it cool fully. Your favorite strawberry sauce is now ready to serve. Use it as topping on your favorite desserts and make them much delicious than before. Also, you can store this in the refrigerator for using this later on.
In order to make perfect textured and taste strawberry sauce in the very first attempt, you need to be very careful of certain vital points such as:
- If you are using frozen strawberries then take 2 and ¼ cups strawberries and let the mixture get cooked on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. After 8 to 10 minutes reduce the heat to medium-low heat and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes until your mixtures take the thicker texture or consistency.
- If the strawberries that you are using in your mixture are very sweet by taste then you can even reduce the amount of granulated sugar as you feel better, to balance its sweetness to the healthy level.
- The extra strawberry sauces that you are not going to use right away can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It can easily last for four days.
- The lemon juice which is used in this homemade strawberry sauce recipe is a necessary ingredient as it reduces the sweetness to the healthy level and adds a very good taste with its own flavor. One medium-sized lemon is enough to provide two tbsp of lemon juice for this recipe. Always try to use fresh lemon juice for this recipe however if that is not available then you can even use bottled lemon juice of your home which will also work well.
- If you are preparing your strawberries sauces in summer and spring season then it is best to use freshly available strawberries in its ingredient. Otherwise even frozen strawberries can also be used especially in the winter season. However, if you are using the frozen one then make sure you cook for a longer time with comparison to fresh strawberries, for the time being, mentioned above in this note to get the good texture of your prepared sauce.