Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe #1
Prepare this healthy and super delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with a few simple steps and guides mentioned below and enjoy this dessert with your friends and family members with very little expense and effort.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 and ½
Cups all-purpose four
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (few extra for the toppings)
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and ½
tsp ground cinnamon
Start this recipe by whisking the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a medium-size bowl until no brown sugar lumps left. Whisk the vanilla and blotted pumpkin to get a smoother texture and keep it aside. Now whisk the baking soda, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a large size bowl. Add the wet ingredients into all dry ingredients and mix them well with the help of a rubber spatula or large spoon. The prepared dough will be very soft. Now pour the ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips in it. The chocolate chips might not stick with the dough due to the melted butter. However, you should try your best that it would get stick well. Cover the dough and let it chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. The chilling is a mandatory step in this recipe. Remove the dough from the refrigerator after the stipulated time and then preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Then line two large size baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Roll the dough into ball size with 1.5 tbsp for each dough in a single cookie. Flatten the tops of each dough balls with the help of the backside of a spoon otherwise, the cookies may not spread on their own. It will take 10 to 12 minutes time to bake your cookies or you can wait until the edges look set. In the final product, the cookies remain softer in the center. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Under the condition you find your cookies have not spread well then you can flatten them with the help of the back of a spoon after taking them out of the oven. Add a few chocolate chips on top of the warm cookies if you want so. Cool your cookies on the baking sheets at least for 10 minutes before you transfer your cookies to a wire rack to cool down completely. As long as your cookies will get time to cool down it will hold more and more amount of flavor and much chewier texture. The flavor gets stronger and texture gets much chewier if it sits for 2 days before you start serving them. These pumpkin chocolate chips cookies can stay fresh up to 1-week time in a container at room temperature.
- Squeeze the pumpkin puree as much as you can to get its full moisture content before adding them into your cookie dough. You can use a paper towel for squeezing as this will help in giving a good texture to your cookies and reduces the chances of a cakey cookie. Once the pumpkin is squeezed properly measure 6 tbsp of it. Here less moisture is good for your cookies. Don’t use the pumpkin pie filling.
- For your suitability and easy preparation of this cookie recipe, you can prepare your cookie dough and let it sit for chilling in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let it come to the room temperature before you use them into the recipe.
- You can replace pumpkin pie spice with ¼ tbsp of each – ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. If you are using these spices then don’t forget using cinnamon.
- If you want to prepare bigger batches of this cookie recipe then you can increase the number of ingredients on the basis of your desired quantity of batches that you want to make at a time. Chill your cookie dough for 45 minutes in case you are doubling the ingredients for a bigger batch.
- By using the blotted pumpkin, melted butter and omitting the egg you can have the much chewier texture of these cookies.