Reading Time: 8 minutes
The pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe is one of the most demanding desserts especially in the autumn seasons when you can cherish the outer cozy cold weather with these extremely delicious, nutritious cookies along with the wonderful flavor of pumpkin puree and chocolate chips which is everyone’s favorite.
Make them once and enjoy these handy cookies for a longer duration by storing it in an airtight container. It is really very easy to make just you require to add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in regular chocolate chip cookie dough. This easy dessert will surely win the heart of your guests when you will serve it in your home kitty party or birthday dinner of your dear one.
The pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are softer, moist and rich with sweet chocolate chips and fresh pumpkin flavor. It’s fluffy and perfectly light texture will easily remind you of the cookies that you purchase from the market at a very high cost.
So with similar flavor and texture, you can easily save the money that you used to spend on buying these cookies from the market. Moreover, just like any other homemade recipes, it will be quite safe enough than any commercially produced food products which are loaded with preservatives.
We are 100% sure that with each bite you will feel like heaven on earth as this super delicious recipe is surely going to win your and everyone else’s heart whosoever will try this. Try this once in your home and you will make it again and again.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe #1
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 and ½
Cups all-purpose four
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (few extra for the toppings)
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and ½
tsp ground cinnamon
- Start this recipe by whisking the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a medium-size bowl until no brown sugar lumps left. Whisk the vanilla and blotted pumpkin to get a smoother texture and keep it aside.
- Now whisk the baking soda, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a large size bowl. Add the wet ingredients into all dry ingredients and mix them well with the help of a rubber spatula or large spoon. The prepared dough will be very soft.
- Now pour the ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips in it. The chocolate chips might not stick with the dough due to the melted butter. However, you should try your best that it would get stick well. Cover the dough and let it chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. The chilling is a mandatory step in this recipe.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator after the stipulated time and then preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Then line two large size baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into ball size with 1.5 tbsp for each dough in a single cookie. Flatten the tops of each dough balls with the help of the backside of a spoon otherwise, the cookies may not spread on their own.
- It will take 10 to 12 minutes time to bake your cookies or you can wait until the edges look set. In the final product, the cookies remain softer in the center. Remove the baking sheets from the oven.
- Under the condition you find your cookies have not spread well then you can flatten them with the help of the back of a spoon after taking them out of the oven. Add a few chocolate chips on top of the warm cookies if you want so.
- Cool your cookies on the baking sheets at least for 10 minutes before you transfer your cookies to a wire rack to cool down completely. As long as your cookies will get time to cool down it will hold more and more amount of flavor and much chewier texture. The flavor gets stronger and texture gets much chewier if it sits for 2 days before you start serving them.
- These pumpkin chocolate chips cookies can stay fresh up to 1-week time in a container at room temperature.
- Squeeze the pumpkin puree as much as you can to get its full moisture content before adding them into your cookie dough. You can use a paper towel for squeezing as this will help in giving a good texture to your cookies and reduces the chances of a cakey cookie. Once the pumpkin is squeezed properly measure 6 tbsp of it. Here less moisture is good for your cookies. Don’t use the pumpkin pie filling.
- For your suitability and easy preparation of this cookie recipe, you can prepare your cookie dough and let it sit for chilling in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let it come to the room temperature before you use them into the recipe.
- You can replace pumpkin pie spice with ¼ tbsp of each – ground allspice, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. If you are using these spices then don’t forget using cinnamon.
- If you want to prepare bigger batches of this cookie recipe then you can increase the number of ingredients on the basis of your desired quantity of batches that you want to make at a time. Chill your cookie dough for 45 minutes in case you are doubling the ingredients for a bigger batch.
- By using the blotted pumpkin, melted butter and omitting the egg you can have the much chewier texture of these cookies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe #2
- 1 cup(240 g)
canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Cups (248 g)
Cups (255 g)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup
packed light-brown sugar
tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For preparing this chewy pumpkin cookies first preheat oven to 350-degree temperature. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Whisk baking powder, baking soda, flour, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl for 20 seconds and then set aside.
- Now blend granulated sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil in a mixer until they combined well.
- Mix the vanilla and egg together and blend in the pumpkin puree.
- Now mix the flour into the mixture and mix it in mixer at low speed until it is combined well. Keep the batter bit wet.
- With the help of rubber spatula fold in all chocolate chips while folding your batter in order to combine them evenly.
- Drop your dough now on baking sheets lined with silicone liners or parchment paper with the help of a medium cookie dough scoop or a spoon, 2 tbsp for each dough at a time. Maintain spacing between each cookie of 2 inches distance.
- Bake your dough on the preheated oven until the edges are set perfectly. It will take about 11 to 13 minutes' time.
- Let your cookies cool for several minutes before transferring them to the wire rack to cool down.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container in a single layer. Storing in an airtight container for a few hours helps in keeping your cookies soften all the time.
- For measuring your flour use the scoop and level method.
- You can substitute 2 and ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice with the spices listed above in the ingredients head if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice.
- For the perfect texture of cookies use canned pumpkin only.
- You can use ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and ¾ cup milk chocolate chips if you want so to get a mild blend.
Tips for Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The perfect texture and taste of a recipe depends on the expertise that you use while choosing your ingredients, their quality, and appropriate quantities. So this rule is applicable for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe as well. Simply follow our below-mentioned tips and stay ready to enjoy the super yummy and market-style pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- In order to make perfect pumpkin cookies make sure that you use only canned pumpkin, not the fresh one. This is because only a canned pumpkin can give perfect consistency to your ultimately prepared cookies.
- Avoid using the canned “pumpkin pie filling” in your recipe because it contains an extra level of added spices and sweeteners.
- Line the baking sheets and avoid greasing it otherwise, the cookies will spread and get excessive brown.
- In order to get perfect texture in your cookies to make sure that you don’t over-mix your dough. Otherwise due to over mixing the cookies will get flattered and will not attain its desired consistency.
- The dough will remain sticky and there is no issue in it. This is the reason while baking this pumpkin cookie we only drop the dough and avoid rolling it.
- Make sure that you bake your cookies for the perfect timing to ensure that it won’t remain under baked otherwise it will taste raw. Similarly, avoid over-baking otherwise it will not remain soft and moist later on.
- If you have some better substitution to mini chocolate chips then you can substitute it with that as per your wish.
- Use a paper towel to blot the pumpkin. This will help in removing some amount of moisture from your used pumpkin and will leave behind the pumpkin flavor which is needed. Use only the blotted pumpkin in your cookie dough.
- If you wish to skip the eggs from the ingredients list then you can do so without hampering the texture and flavor of your pumpkin cookies. The reason why eggs are used in recipes because it helps in biding and mixing the ingredients and adding moisture in it. However, when you use pumpkin in a recipe all your tasks can be done by these essential ingredients only, you are then free to skip the eggs.
- For making your cookies ultra chewy make sure you use melted butter. Whisk the sugar after mixing this melted butter instead of creaming the butter and sugar together.
- Wait a while before grabbing your cookies as soon as they prepare. Let your pumpkin chocolate chips cookies cool on the cooling rack for a while. You can also leave your cookies on the cooling rack overnight because the next morning you will find your cookies are more delicious and chewier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I replace vegetable oil?
Vegetable oil is the most commonly used oil for this recipe but it can also be replaced with coconut oil and apple sauce and the ultimate result will be the same as you get with vegetable oil.
Can fresh pumpkin replace the canned pumpkin?
If you want to use fresh pumpkin then it is advised to drain some of its liquid with the help of a paper towel before using it. Otherwise, the cookies get extra moist not chewy as it remains with the canned pumpkin as its ingredient.
Can the prepared dough be refrigerated overnight before baking them?
Yes, you can refrigerate the dough overnight. It will only change its texture a bit but the taste will remain the same as well.
Can only pumpkin pie spice be used?
If you do not have all the spices then definitely you can use 2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spices in this recipe.
Follow these tried and tested tips while preparing the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe and store this delicious dessert for future use by preparing a bigger batch of cookies at a time.