To give your skin a healthy sun kissed look there can be hardly anything more effective than the Tanning oils. If you are going out on a beach holiday, you are sure to wish to flaunt the natural tan on your skin. Spending hours in the beach can darken your skin tone easily but to get that healthy, even tan, it needs something more. The Best Tanning Oils can give your skin an even and healthy tan while protecting your skin from the harmful effects of the sun rays.
In this article we will not only present you with a list of the Best Tanning Oils and their detailed reviews so that you do not have to spend a lot of time in picking the best product according to your needs, we will also take a deeper look into the Tanning oils, how they work and how to use them, so that you can get the best benefits from your purchase.
How the Tanning oils work
Different formulations of tanning oils from different brands might work differently in some aspects but basically they all increase the sun triggered production of melanin on the skin, which gives the tan. Melanin is the natural coloring pigment of the skin and more melanin naturally means more tan.
Tanning oils can serve different purposes along with promoting better and even toned natural tan on the skin. The Best Tanning Oils keep the skin moisturized and as they speed up the process of tanning, hence the time needed for getting a healthy tan is reduced considerably, which help in minimizing the harmful effects of long time exposure to the sun.
Some of the Best Tanning Oils also include Sun Protection Factor as well as botanical extracts that help in nurturing and protecting the skin.
Is it safe to use tanning oils?
Tanning oils work by concentrating the radiation of the sun on the skin, which expedites the natural shielding process of the skin by producing melanin quickly. Tanning oils reduces the total required sun exposure to get a healthy and even tan but as they concentrate the sun rays on your skin hence using tanning oils without Sun Protection Factor and spending more time under the sun can be seriously damaging for your skin.
If you are using a tanning oil, it is really important that you pick a product that has SPF and protects the skin from other harmful effects of the sun rays like drying. Using a tanning oil that does not contain the proper ingredients for skin protection and nourishment but increases the effect of solar radiation on the skin, can be harmful.
So, always pick Best Tanning Oils and use them in the right way to get the best results while minimizing any risk.
How to use tanning oils in the right way
Proper use of tanning oils is crucial in order to get the best results and to minimize any harmful effect of the sunrays on the skin. Different tanning oils might come with different specialized instructions for use and it is important that you follow these instructions religiously every time you decide to put the tanning oil on. Here is a general step by step guideline of using tanning oil that you can follow unless your tanning oil comes with its own instructions for application.
Steps to use Tanning oil
- Tanning oil should be applied only on well cleansed body. It is a good practice to dust off any sand or dust from the body before you apply the tanning oil.
- Take a small amount of the tanning oil in your palm and rub the hands together. Then massage the oil all over your body.
- You will need to repeat the process for at least 5-6 times to ensure that all the parts of your body that are exposed to the sun have been properly coated with the oil.
- After you have applied the tanning oil, do not go out to the sun immediately. Stay in shade at least for the next 10 minutes and give the tanning oil sufficient time to soak in.
- Now you can go out to the beach and tan each side of your body for 10 minutes at a stretch. Your total sun exposure in a day should not be more than 20 minutes (10 minutes for each side).
- Rinse off the tanning oil with excess water and pat your skin dry before applying a nourishing sunscreen lotion.
- Tanning your skin in this way will not give you a dark tan quickly but it will give you a healthy looking tan that will last longer and will not harm your skin much.
Always avoid getting sun exposure between 10am and 4pm because during this time the UV rays of the sun are most active, which can harm the skin.
Points to check before buying tanning oil
Before you buy tanning oil it is important to check the following points to ensure that you get the best value for your money,
- The brand value of the product. The Best Tanning Oils that will give even and healthy tan on the skin while minimizing the harmful effects of sun exposure are marketed only by renowned brands that have spent years of research to come up with the right formulation.
- Some of the Best Tanning Oils usually come with Sun Protection Factor. SPF in a tanning oil can vary from 0 to 20. It is always a good option to pick a Tanning oil with more SPF. However, keep in mind, the more SPF your tanning oil has the milder the tan will be and it will take more time to get the tan.
- Your tanning oil should come with a dose of skin nourishing ingredients which will help in preventing dryness caused due to sun exposure and will also help in nourishing the skin.
- If you are new to the world of tanning oils, it is best to start with a product that has high SPF in the category. If your skin seems to behave well with it and you want more sun tan, you can opt for tanning oils with lesser SPF or without SPF afterwards.
Top 5 and Best Tanning Oils Review
Now check out the reviews of the Best Tanning Oils available,
This Dry oil is a notable product in the market of tanning oils. It is priced a bit higher than many other good products in the same category and in this review we will see if the higher price is actually worth for the product.
First let us take a look at what it contains. This tanning oil certainly has a range of chemicals to boost the tanning effect on the skin but along with that it also combines some extraordinary skin hydrators and nourishers. Apart from Glycerin and castor oil it contains lemon peel oil, orange flower oil and Brazil nut oil. It is formulated without sulfates, paraben and phthalates.
What it claims
This tanning oil claims to offer natural looking golden tan that will last for as long as 10 days. The oil is completely non-greasy and contains 100% natural tanning agents that accelerates skin tanning without causing any harm. It is suitable for every skin tone and the ultra-hydrating power of the formulation makes it ideal for even the dry, sensitive skin.
Coming to the user experience the first point to declare is that, every user has found this dry tanning oil to be extremely moisturizing for the skin. Skin dryness is a common issue after getting a tan, but people who have used this tanning oil have actually gone to the extent of saying that they enjoy more hydrated skin after getting a tan with this oil on.
The product is easy to apply and it gives a very natural looking tan. If you are looking for a deep tan, you will need to opt for repeated application of the oil while taking the sun exposure. It gives streak free, even tanning on the skin which also fades evenly with time.
- It gives a natural looking tanning effect on the skin which can be darkened through frequent application.
- The effects last at least for 4-5 days, which is really commendable.
- This tanning oil does not dry out the skin rather hydrates it nicely.
- The application is easy and buildable according to the requirements.
- It is non-comedogenic and animal cruelty free.
- The smell is a turn off for some.
- It takes some time to get dried completely and feels sticky to some extent afterwards.
- It does not come with sunscreen factor.
- For a darker tan you will need to reapply it frequently.
If you are a veteran in the world of tanning oils and you are looking for a natural looking tan, St. Tropez Luxe Dry Oil Huile Bronzante can serve your purpose efficiently. However, as it comes without a sunscreen, you really need to take care about your total sun exposure. For the same reason it is not very suitable for the new users. While the moisturizing power of this tanning oil is a big plus for the dry skinned beauties, it might not be the same for people with oily skin.
To buy St. Tropez Luxe Dry Oil Huile Bronzante check the next link,
This is one of the highly recognized and widely used tanning oils across the globe. It comes with tanning acceleration factor as well as some natural ingredients that help in moisturizing and protecting the skin. It comes with a reasonable price tag. This lotion is ideal for getting deep tan on the skin.
This tanning oil is infused with a bunch of botanical extracts that are worth special mentioning. It is formulated with Biosine Complex, which includes Tea tree oil, Olive oil and Pro Vitamin B5. These ingredients not only protect the skin but also hydrate and nourish. Apart from these, it includes a good dose of Vitamin A and E, which reduces the chance of getting wrinkles. This tanning oil also combines Native Australian Oils that enhances the tanning effect.
What it claims
“Enjoy dark and even tan on your skin without making it dry or wrinkled” this is what Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator claims. It combines a number of special nutritive ingredients to take care of the hydrating needs of the skin and also enhances the tanning effect. The Biosine Complex Formula allows production of maximum melanin stimulated by the UV rays, so you will end up with a dark tan.
This tanning oil actually works. According to users, it gives a nice and quick tanning effect to the skin when used in the right way. Longer exposure with this oil on your skin is not recommended. The formula is lightweight and gets absorbed easily into the skin. However, it leaves a sticky feeling on the skin, which is a common con of most of the tanning oils.
- It gives a dark tan on the skin which is a big plus point of this product.
- It combines sufficient amount of nutritive and moisturizing elements that help in reducing the damaging effects of the sun rays.
- This product is ideal for use by the light skinned beauties and even beginners can enjoy the great tanning effects of this product safely by following the right process of use.
- It moisturizes the skin instead of drying and leaves the skin soft and supple.
- It gives an even toned tan.
- Reasonably priced.
- The smell of this product might not be liked by some.
- It runs a risk of pore clogging due to the presence of the oily substances in its ingredients.
- The fading of the tan is not very even.
- No SPF.
Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator is certainly not the best tanning product that you will get in the market, but it is certainly one of the best in its price range. If you are looking for a decent quality skin tanner that actually works and gives a good dark tan with minimum exposure, the Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator is surely worth your purchase. It can work best for the dry skinned people.
To purchase Australian Gold Dark Tanning Accelerator check out the following link,
This budget friendly tanning composition claims to encapsulate rich tanning oils along with skin nourishing ingredients in its formula. Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil is budget friendly and is often called a favorite of the users. Let us take a deeper look into how this tanning oil actually fares as well as its pros and cons.
The composition list of this tanning oil is certainly notable particularly because of the price at which you get it. It is formulated with mineral oil and coconut oil. Apart from that it also contains a range of botanical extracts like, Aloe Vera leaf extract, Papaya fruit extract, Mango fruit extract, candlenut seed extract and many more. This composition is also enriched with a good dose of cocoa butter and eucalyptus oil.
What it claims
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil gives your skin the touch of Hawaiian tropical weather in the form of a nice natural looking tan that you are sure to enjoy. The formula not only helps in getting the right tan but also moisturizes and nourishes the skin. The coconut scent of this oil is perfect for calming your senses for a beach vacation.
This Dark Tanning Oil is absorbed quickly into the skin which is certainly an important plus point for the product. It is light in weight and the application is really simple. If you hate the sticky feel on your skin after applying tanning oils, you should try this product. It gives a tan that is natural but not very deep, unless you opt for extreme sun exposure, which is not recommended. The smell is enchanting.
- This is non-sticky, so you will not have to be worried about getting the oil on your clothes or the sands sticking to your skin.
- The formula helps in moisturizing the skin. So, after a session of sun exposure with this oil on, your skin will become even softer.
- It is absorbed quickly into the skin and the application is not messy at all.
- It comes with a bunch of nourishing oils and botanical extracts that help in hydrating and protecting the skin.
- This oil gives a nice natural looking tan that you are sure to enjoy.
- Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil might cause pore clogging if not applied on a well cleaned and exfoliated skin.
- It does not contain any sunscreen or sun protection factor.
- You will need to reapply it frequently to get that dark tan.
It is a pocket friendly tanning oil that delivers more or less all the claims it make. You might not get a long lasting and even fading tan with this tanning oil, but it can certainly give your skin that sun kissed glow. The non-sticky nature and non-messy application make it a preferred choice of many users. The blend of herbal extracts and natural oils present in it helps in preventing skin wrinkling. However, if you have a sensitive skin, this one might not be suitable for you.
You can purchase Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil online from the next link before going to your next beach holiday,
According to many regular users of tanning oils, Bali Body Cacao is one of the best tanning oils you can get at this price. The oil serves two in one purpose and the brand claims that it is made from 100% natural oils and herbal extracts that are great for your skin too. So, let us take a closer look into the product.
The brand claims credit for the unique and organic composition of this product. It contains a blend of skin nourishing oils, like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil as well as grape seed oil. It also contains a good percentage of cacao to give that healthy looking tan on your skin instantly after application. The vitamin E present in this oil helps in nourishing the skin and also saves from the drying effects of the sunrays. This tanning oil has SPF 6 protection.
What it claims
Enjoy the natural sun kissed glow without making your skin dry with the Bali Body Cacao Tanning and Body Oil, this is what the company claims. They also boast of its two in one purpose, as a tanning oil as well as a moisturizing oil. This oil prevents drying of the skin caused due to sun exposure and also protects the skin from wrinkling due to its content of Vitamin E and Sun Protection Factor.
Users mostly have to say good things about this product. This tanning oil does not give a very deep tan but the tan looks natural and healthy on the skin. Even if you have very pale skin, this tanning oil can add a healthy sun kissed look to your body. It is not drying at all and even after sun exposure with this tanning oil on, your skin will not feel dry. This oil can be used also as a after sun oil for keeping the skin soft, moisturized and healthy. The coconut smell of this tanning oil is nothing great but not overpowering either.
- Composed of 100% natural tanning oil that contains organic and natural ingredients.
- It gives a healthy and natural looking tan to the skin.
- The formula is moisturizing and it prevents the skin from drying even after sun exposure.
- Can be used as a tanning oil as well as an after sun body oil to get soft, supple skin.
- Contains SPF 6 which gives a basic level of protection from the harmful effects of sun rays.
- The smell of the product is not overpowering.
- Reasonably priced considering the formulation and performance.
- Bali Body Cacao Tanning and Body Oil do not give a deep tan on the skin.
- You need to repeat the application of the oil frequently to get the best tanning effects.
Bali Body Cacao Tanning and Body Oil is a reasonably priced tanning oil that is ideal for people looking for a healthy, natural tan. If you are looking for deep tan, it will not certainly cater to your expectations. It contains SPF which is one of the primary hindrances to accelerate deep tan on the skin but it makes the product much safer. So, if you have sensitive skin, this one is surely a good pick.
To buy Bali Body Cacao Tanning and Body Oil you can visit the following link,
A body tanning oil that also offers protection to the skin, Art Naturals Protective Body Tanning Oil is a product that we could not leave out from the list of Best Tanning Oils. This oil has a formulation that includes some most notable botanical ingredients and is fairly priced.
This tanning oil contains a blend of different botanical oils like safflower oil, rice bran oil, coconut oil and apricot kernel oil which helps in intensifying the tan while keeping the skin hydrated. This product also combines a bunch of herbal extracts like green tea extract and extracts from sea algae which provides a dose of anti-oxidants on the skin, giving it protection from the harmful effects of free radicals. It does not contain any sun protection factor and hence is perfect for getting a deep tan.
What it claims
To get a rich and dark tan on your skin Art Naturals Protective Body Tanning Oil is one of the best options you have in a budget friendly price. It gives a luxurious tan on the skin enhancing the tanning power of the sun through its combination of natural oils. It also helps in toning the skin and keeps it hydrated not only during sun exposure but also after. This oil gives a radiant finish to the skin and the tan lasts for days.
Art Naturals Protective Body Tanning Oil delivers what it claims. It gives a nice and deep tan on the skin that lingers. The oil has a nice smell and it works perfectly. There are some complaints from most of the users about the packaging of the product and you might need a lot of the product for a single application.
Moreover, you will need to reapply the oil frequently to get a deep tan. However, this oil completely prevents skin drying due to sun exposure and makes the skin feel soft and moisturized even afterwards.
- This tanning oil contains a blend of natural oils which keeps the skin moisturized and supple.
- The presence of botanical extracts with anti-oxidants makes it ideal to protect the skin from damage of free radicals.
- It gives deep tan on the skin that fades evenly.
- This oil also helps in toning the skin apart from moisturizing it.
- It comes for a pocket friendly price.
- The product has packaging issues.
- You will need to use a lot of product frequently to get a dark tan.
- There is no SPF in the formulation.
If you are looking for a tanning oil that will give you dark tan, this product can be a good option. Though it does not contain SPF, but the presence of anti-oxidants reduces the risk of sun damage on the skin to some extent. If you are ready to deal with the issues of packaging, this one can be a nice budget friendly tanning oil for your beach vacation.
To buy Art Naturals Protective Body Tanning Oil you might visit the next link,
This tanning oil has a natural formula and is biodegradable, which is certainly a great plus point for people concerned about the environment. It helps in nourishing and protecting the skin while delivering a dark and rich tanning effect on the skin. For an in-depth review of the product read on,
This product is formulated with a perfect blend of natural oils which helps in nourishing, moisturizing as well as protecting the skin while giving a deep tan. The list of oils present in this formulation includes sunflower oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil and Eucalyptus oil.
Apart from these, the oil also contains green tea extracts, cocoa butter and lanolin to nourish and moisturize the skin from deep within. The presence of Vitamin E and C helps in preventing the cell damaging effects of the sun. It is formulated without mineral oils, fragrances and harsh chemicals.
What it claims
Enjoy a rich sun tan without harming your skin or the environment. All Natural Dark Tanning Oil by Tropical Sands is a mineral oil free, biodegradable and 100% eco-friendly formula that helps in nourishing and protecting the skin. If you are scared of putting chemicals on your skin or if you have a sensitive skin, this hypoallergenic product is ideal for you.
This product actually delivers what it claims and at this price you will hardly get a product better than this one. It gives a nice tan and you really need not to apply it repeatedly to get the darkening effect. It keeps the skin soft and hydrated. The application is non-messy and being waterproof, it makes a great tanner for all your beach holidays. This one can also be used safely on the tanning bed.
- The formula is free from mineral oils, harmful chemicals and is 100% biodegradable and ecofriendly.
- The combination of rich natural oils help in keeping the skin soft, moisturized and nourished.
- It gives deep, rich tan that you are sure to love.
- Being hypoallergenic it is ideal for even sensitive skin.
- The formula is waterproof.
- You need not to apply the oil repeatedly and frequently to get the deep tan.
- Contains no SPF.
If you are looking for a deep tan without the hassles of reapplying your tanning oil repeatedly, this product can be a good pick. It is waterproof and hence is one of the best options if you are going to surf or swim in the water.
To buy All Natural Dark Tanning Oil by Tropical Sands click the next link,
Is it wise to spend on tanning oils?
According to the latest scientific studies, exposure to the UV rays of the sun can be highly damaging for the skin and it can give rise to problems like premature skin aging, wrinkling, uneven skin tone and even cancer in severe cases. Tanning oils enhances the effects of the sunrays on the skin and hence when used extensively or without maintaining the proper precautions, they can be harmful for the skin, particularly in case of prolonged use.
However, if you do not want to miss out the sun kissed glow after your beach holiday, using a tanning oil that comes with skin nourishing and protecting ingredients can be a safer option. To put it simply, putting a tanning oil is certainly a better option than going to the beach without anything on your skin. The best tanning oils will at least prevent the damaging effects of the sun rays to some extent and give you a darker tan for less exposure.
However, you always have to use it in the right way maintaining all the necessary precautions. If you are using the Best Tanning Oils in the right way then too, it is important that you use it only occasionally. Regular use of tanning oils and opting for sun exposure can be really damaging for your skin.
If you are looking to get a healthy tan on your skin after your summer holidays, spending on tanning oils is surely a wise decision, as these oils ensure that you get a deeper tan for less sun exposure.
Tanning oils work by increasing the production of melanin on the skin and they can give your skin a healthy sun kissed look. However, to get the best results it is important that you spend on a good quality tanning oil from a reputed brand. Always check out the composition of a tanning oil as well as the particular usage and application instructions of the oil before you buy it.