Do you want to try something new this weekend that can offer your taste bud a super yummy taste yet completely full of health, then you must try avocado breakfast egg cups recipe. This low carb, keto, and paleo-friendly diet are one of those delicious breakfasts that you will love to waking up to grab its amazing taste.
It is extremely simple to make and the number of ingredients is also very limited and easily available one as avocado and eggs are something that you can easily avail from the market at any point in time of the day. Moreover, they are loaded with heart-healthy fats, vitamins, and nutrients that are enough to boost your overall health.
Avocado egg cups with runny yolks out of it really look eye catchy and equally, it justifies for its taste value as well. We are a hundred percent sure that you are really going to a great fan of this easy high nutrient-dense breakfast recipe.
Try this one and you will really win the heart of everyone else whom you are going to serve it. You can make it as your daily breakfast routine or can also try this in your small house party.
Avocado Breakfast Egg Cups Recipe#1
- 4 medium-size eggs
- 2 Avocados (halved with pit removed)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pepper (as per taste)
- 2 Strips of diced crispy bacon
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- For preparing this yummy breakfast recipe first you need preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Now line your baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy removal and cleanup.
- Cut the avocados into half shape and scoop extra 1 to 2 tablespoons of its flesh to create a deep nest for placing eggs.
- Place the avocado halves propping against the baking dish or you can position all the avocados touching one another in such a fashion that there will be no spilling risk.
- Now crack the eggs one by one very gently in each and every avocado half. Save the excess amount of egg whites in a different bowl if the avocado nest is too short to hold a complete egg white.
- Now your avocado egg cups are ready for baking. Bake it for 14 to 18 minutes time or until you find the egg whites are perfectly set and yolks are well cooked as per your desire.
- For softer yolks you can bake for 13 to 14 minutes, medium yolks bake for 15 to 16 minutes and for hard-boiled yolks bake for 17 to 18 minutes time.
- Do toppings in your recipe with crispy diced bacon, finely chopped bell pepper, spinach or fresh herbs of your choice. Serve it instantly as it tastes best in hot.
Avocado Breakfast Egg Cups Recipe#2
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Avocados
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pepper (as per taste)
- Toppings as per choice such as feta and green onions etc
- For preparing avocado breakfast egg cups recipe first you need to preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut all the avocados into half shape and remove the pit very gently.
- Now place the avocados in a large size baking dish, keeping its open side in up position.
- If your avocados are small in size then scoop some extra flesh in order to make enough room for the eggs.
- Now crack one egg in each avocado boat and sprinkle over salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Set it for baking in your oven for 15 to 20 minutes or you can wait until the eggs cooked well as per your desired level. In general, the egg yolk cooked perfectly in 17 minutes in the oven.
- Add toppings of your choice or as mentioned here. Enjoy this delicious breakfast recipe hot.
How this recipe is good for your health?
The avocado and eggs cup recipe is good for your health because it is loaded healthy fats which makes it paleo-friendly. Being low in carbs as you can use sugar-free bacon, it is ketogenic friendly too. So it is safe and healthful for every age group of people even for the fitness conscious person who wants to build muscle mass but in a healthy way.
How long it should be cooked?
It totally depends on your preference on what form you want to enjoy yolks in this avocado boat. In case you like to eat runny yolks on baked avocado then bake it for 14 minutes, in case you want to enjoy less runny but soft yolk then increase the baking time from 14 to 16 minutes. However, if your preference is for hard-cooked yolks then your baking time should be 15 to 18 minutes.
What toppings can be used?
Crispy bacon is the best toppings for this recipe. However, if you don’t like bacon or want to try something different then you can add crumbled sausage, chopped ham as your topping. Adding some chopped fresh spinach, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and herbs enhances the look of this recipe along with adding extra delicious taste in it. You can use a slice of fresh toast alongside to make this breakfast recipe more filling one.
Tips to Make this Recipe Best
Follow the below-mentioned tips while cooking avocado breakfast egg cups which will make this recipe best in all possible ways.
- In order to get a large hole in already cut halves avocados, scoop some extra amount of its flesh so that the egg yolks can get sufficient place in it.
- For avoiding the avocado boats from rolling and tipping place those in your baking tray positioning against each other or you can use a small ramekin for offering them full support.
- For easy cleaning of the baking dish or sheet line it first with a foil or parchment paper.
- In this recipe, you are free to add an extra amount of seasoning when your avocado egg cups come out of the oven.
- In order to make this recipe perfect both by the look and taste-wise you should bake until the egg whites are set completely but the egg yolks are still running a bit.
- In case you don’t like the taste of running yolks then you can whisk all the eggs first and then use them into the avocado pit.
Health Benefits of Avocados and Eggs
Avocados and eggs are two most easily available and cost-effective superfoods which contain several health benefits and when combined together in a recipe their importance and benefits for your health multiplied.
Health Benefits of Avocados
Avocados are an amazing source of heart-healthy fats and are loaded with tons of vitamins and other healthy nutrients. It contains fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A and E. So when you consume an avocado either in a raw or baked form your body can easily absorb these essential vitamins and utilize its benefits for your health. Each 150-gram avocado contains the following amount nutrient in it (% DV i.e. daily value)-
- Protein- 3.00 g
- Total Fat – 21.99 g
- Carbohydrates-12.80 g
- Dietary Fiber- 10.05 g
- Vitamin B6- 23
- Vitamin C- 20%
- Vitamin E-21%
- Vitamin K- 35%
- Copper- 31%
- Pantothenic acid- 42%
Health Benefits of Eggs
Eggs are a good source of protein and other healthy nutrients. The egg whites are loaded with protein and egg yolks contain healthy fats and other essential nutrients for your health which makes it an ideal breakfast meal even when consumed boiled or adding with some other ingredients.
If you want to stay energetic throughout the day then you must start your day with a healthy and filling breakfast and for that, there will be a no better option than a boiled egg. When baked with avocados it's nutrient value increases a lot along with enhancing its taste and flavor. One large size egg contains the following amount of nutrient (% DV i.e. daily value)-
- Protein- 6.3 g
- Total Fat – 5.0 g
- Carbohydrates- 0.4 g
- Vitamin A- 5%
- Vitamin D-4%
- Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)- 2%
- Vitamin B6- 4%
- Vitamin B12- 11%
- Selenium- 23%
- Pantothenic Acid-7%
- Folate- 6%
Reasons to Choose this Recipe
You will surely love preparing this recipe after knowing the below-mentioned points which strongly support and give a reason to prefer this breakfast recipe over other regular breakfast menus.
Good for eye’s health
This recipe is highly beneficial for your eye’s health because by consuming it your body can easily obtain some essential nutrients such as lutein, carotenoids, and zeaxanthin that helps in improving your vision naturally and also protect against the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
Boosts brain functions
This recipe is also beneficial for your brain health. The folate, choline and vitamin B12 content existing in eggs help in boosting your brain’s nerve cells and prevent the risk of defects.
Prevent your risk of developing breast cancer
The choline content in eggs plays an important role in reducing your risk of developing breast cancer which is a very common concern in women. As per one study report women who consume eggs in more frequently reduces their risk of breast cancer by 44% with a comparison to those who do not eat eggs at all.
Keep intact all the nutrients of its ingredients
As this recipe is prepared via the baking process so there is no risk of burning its essential nutrient contents of all used ingredients which usually happens when a recipe is cooked via deep frying or highly processing method.
Good for your body weight management plan
If you are on a strict diet plan to control and maintain your body weight but want to try something new but healthy for your ultimate health goal then you can try this health-friendly recipe.
It will no way affect your daily diet plan nor will it make you gain some extra amount of weight. Being rich in protein eggs can easily fill your stomach by developing the feeling of satiety and also keeps it fuller for a longer duration. So no frequent cravings issues during the day time for meals or snacks.
Try this avocado breakfast egg cups recipe which is absolutely easy to prepare and with regard to health benefits there is no comparison to this high nutrient-dense breakfast recipe. It is an easy filling breakfast that keeps your energy level high all day and also keeps check your frequent cravings problem.
However, this recipe might not attract those who do not like the taste of cooked avocados and prefer eating raw avocados. Apart from this for all egg and avocado lovers, there will be a no better option than this healthy and super delicious combo along with added toppings of your choice