Reading Time: 4 minutes
Hair loss and thinning, whether it is due to poor diet, illness or hereditary reasons, can turn out to be stressful and problematic for both men and women. Several remedies and treatments have been devised for combating this problem, and though they seem to work for some, a lot of people are wary to try them because of their additional side effects. However, going all natural is the call of the day if you are looking for something that is safe, affordable and effective to boot.
The following natural treatments and home based remedies are known for encouraging natural hair growth over time. Do give them a shot to boost your hair health today without using any prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications!
Massaging your hair with essential oils is the basis of aromatherapy, and not only does it fortify and strengthen hair roots, but it also makes hair appear shinier and thicker. Oils like fenugreek, lavender, ginger, rosemary, sage and cypress are known for their boosting abilities.
Bottle a mixture of a tablespoon of bay essential oil, ½ a tablespoon of sage essential oil and 12 tablespoons of avocado oil. Apply a small amount on the scalp and massage gently, and then leave on for 15 minutes and wash. Safe enough to be used every day, the massage will make your roots stronger and relieve stress, naturally preventing hair loss easily.
Herbs and botanicals are also considered to be safe and effective when dealing with excessive hair loss. Herbalists and specialists often advise application of rosemary tea, field horsetail, oats and Echinacea in this regard.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurveda has been trusted since centuries for herbal remedies and natural health solutions. Ayurvedic remedies have been especially effective in treating hair loss and baldness in men, and the natural ingredients used in the therapies make them safe for use without any danger of side effects. Traditional ayurveda involves the use of aloevera juice and ground cumin on the scalp for treating thinning hair. A mixture of yogurt and a tablespoon of ground white sesame seeds taken at breakfast or applied topically on scalp can also help in slowing down the hair loss pattern in men. Consult a specialist before deciding on a treatment for yourself.
Boost Your Diet
Nutritionally insufficient diet is the main reason of hair loss, especially in young men and women. While many experts advise upon health supplements containing essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and iron to minimize hair loss, a natural change in your diet with a balanced intake of these fortifying elements will also work wonders for you. Read on to find out what changes you need to incorporate in your diet to regain healthy, shiny and strong tresses!
- Iron:- Anemia, or iron deficiency in the body is considered to be one of the most common reason for hair fall and thinning. Even though natural supplements are available in the market, you can always go for iron rich foods in order to boost your hair health in an all-natural way! Foods that are high in iron include apples, milk, poultry, eggs, lentils, etc.
- Protein:- A healthy intake of protein repairs damaged hair and naturally reduces hair loss and thinning in both men and women. Poultry, lean meat, fish and eggs are all rich in protein which is considered to be the main building block of hair. They keep the hair follicles healthy and also encourage growth of new hair.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids:- Omega 3 fatty acids make up almost 3% of the hair shaft, and as the body cannot produce this nutrient itself, it is essential that you include its healthy intake in your diet to keep hair strong and protected. These healthy oils not only help reduce hair fall and hair loss, but also strengthen the hair follicle from within. Start eating foods like salmon, herring, walnuts, avocados, sardines and pumpkin seeds to get a natural boost of omega 3 fats!
- Vitamins:- Lack of vitamins in diet can make your mane appear dull, lifeless and weak and can also result in a flaky and itchy scalp – one of the main reasons of rapid hair loss in young men, women and teenagers.Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, cantaloupe and mango are good sources of beta carotene which is turned into vitamin A by the body and is great for preventing premature hair loss. Similarly spinach, kale and other green leafy vegetables are rich sources of vitamin C and beta carotene, citrus and exotic foods like blueberries, etc, are also packed full of essential nutrients and vitamin C, and yogurt, low fat cheese and skimmed milk are healthy food choices for vitamins B5 and D. All of these food choices are elemental in fortifying hair health and strength.
- Zinc:- Lack of zinc in diet immediately leads to hair loss, dry hair and flaky scalp. Foods that are loaded with the right supply of zinc that your body needs include oysters, whole grain bread, cereals, nuts, beef and eggs.
Few people know that stress, excessive fatigue and lack of rest and relaxation is one of the key reasons for increasing hair loss and hair fall in both men and women. Therefore, whichever treatment you opt for combating your hair fall problem, make sure that you couple it with a good night’s sleep and a stress free routine. Yoga and meditation are also proven remedies for keeping stress and tension at bay.
Styling, Massage and Hair Care
Last but certainly not the least, your life style, hygiene and daily hair managing and care regimen will also have a significant effect over the health and wellness of your mane. Handle your hair gently and avoid excessive styling, heat and harsh brushing. Hairstyles that put excessive pressure on the hair like tight braids and high ponytails should be avoided; instead you should opt for flowing and loosely tied styles to let the hair breathe. Lastly, do not quit styling your hair altogether, as it will make it appear more thin and lifeless. Go for shorter lengths, use volume boosting products and part your hair on the side to flaunt a stylish look at all times!
This is a guest post by Alex from HairTransplants-hdc.com. For more information you can visit Bridgewater Hospital . If you are also interest to write for HealthResource4u, Please check our guest posting guidelines at write for us.