What is Vyvanse? : – Vyvanse is a drug which is a used as a nervous system stimulant, which in basic terms affects the electrical impulses to the brain. It helps to control the electrical signals which cause hyperactivity and impulses. You will find that people over the age of 6 years of age and adults who suffer from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) use this drug to help to control their behavior. This is drug is not used alone;it is used along with psychotherapy, social therapy, and educational therapy. Vyvanse is used for other medical conditions too, which are not mentioned in this article. Some of the simple side effects for the use of Vyvanse include:-
- Loss of appetite, weight loss;
- Sleep problems (insomnia);
- Nausea, vomiting
- Feeling irritable;
- Mild skin rash;
- Dry mouth
What is Adderall? :-Adderall is a drug which will be found in the use of illnesses or conditions such as Narcolepsy and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder). This drug is often recognized as a stimulant, but when the dose has been set to use for ADHD then it is used in such a way that it has a calming effect. When it is used in the medicating purposes of Narcolepsy, then it is used as a higher dose in order that it is used more as a stimulant. As with all drugs which have been prescribed by your doctor, you will find that there are side effects of some kind, needless to say, not everyone who takes Adderall will suffer from side effects to a great degree. Most patients will claim that they cope quite well with the drug and the side effects, but any that there are with this drug is only mild, these will include:-
- Dry mouth,
- Loss of appetite.
- Weight loss.
What are the differences between Adderall and Vyvanse?
There have been claims that what you eat can have an effect on how the medication works as it goes through your digestive system. The good news is that Vyvanse does not work in the same way, you will be pleased to know that Vyvanse will not be affected by the foods that you eat, it also said to last longer than Adderall too. This is basically because Vyvanse has a completely different make-up and structure to what Adderall has.
There are a good number of differences between Adderall and Vyvanse which are as follows starting with Vyvanse:-
- Vyvanse is a long lasting drug, apparently it lasts 1/3 longer than Adderall, lasting at about 13 to 14 hours altogether, give an hour or so, but you might find that it will weaken at night.
- Vyvanse can be taken on a daily basis 24/7 and it still works to full capacity. At the right dose people can be under the impression that the drug is no longer working and they have developed a tolerance to the drug, this is not the case at all, you can still use it on a daily basis, and the drug remains as affective as it always was.
- Vyvanse takes about an hour to begin to take effect and an hour and a half to two hours to fully start working properly, this means that most patients will report that they are working normally, functioning normally after 40 minutes to an hour. They can go to work, do their workouts, send emails, write letters etc.
- It has been reported that patients who took Vyvanse for a year felt that they felt more stable than they did prior.
Vyvanse vs Adderall and its advantages and disadvantages:-
- One of the disadvantages of Adderall is that patients tend to be found untrustworthy and disloyal. This is one of the side effects which are very rarely spoken about. Some people will prefer to use sleeping medication and sleep, but Adderall is still a preference of some people.
- Adderall has been nicknamed as ‘Titanic’ as although its half-life is classed as being in the region of four hours unlike Vyvanse which half-life is about 9 hours. But Adderall remains in your body for 8 hours, it does not always remain that effective for the full 8 hours but you will find that it has not yet left your body.
- Adderall is full of Amphetamine and amphetamine salts in the drug. Each of the amphetamine salts and the chemical agents deliver an energy packed punch.
- Adderall works by altering the chemical imbalance in your brain which will help your level of alertness. The neurotransmitterstargeted by Adderall are the very same ones that you will find anti-depressants target. If you are already taking anti-depressants then it would be a wise suggestion to mention this to your doctor or physician so that they can check up and make sure that the two medications will not work against one another and counteract each other which can happen with some anti-depressants.
- Adderall is as I mentioned prior, a stimulant, which will speed up all of your basic bodily functions. Ok! Fair enough this will improve your mental function to a degree but there are other side effects that people find very uncomfortable and disconcerting. Nervousness, anxiety, and irritability tend to be the first ones that people will notice; insomnia is a side effect that a lot of people find hard to deal with. Nausea, being sick, headaches, diarrhea and loss of appetite. In very rare cases you may also find that hallucinations, psychosis and fitting may become apparent. If you notice these kinds of symptoms then you must report it to your medical practitioner as soon as you can.
- Adderall has been claimed to be addictive, this is largely down to the amount of Amphetamines which are in the drug itself. You will find this drug on the scheduled II controlled substance list. This basically means that it carries a risk, the risk being that it is physically addictive as well as psychologically addictive. You will be given a medication plan when you are prescribed Adderall, do not take the drug for longer than your physician advises and do not raise or lower the drug without medical supervision.
As with all medication, this medication should be used sensibly and with the supervision medical personnel.