Do you want to know more about it the condition called sinus headaches? This is the article for you. It will give you all the information that you would like to have in terms of the causes symptoms and meaning of sinus headaches. It will also show you how to treat it properly without any complications.
Before we go any further, let us first discuss what the sinus headache is. If you have a sinus headache, you will be able to experience a deep and throbbing pain at the front side of your head and face. This will also most likely cause you severe discomfort. However, there are few signs and symptoms that you can watch out for at the onset of the disease.
- You will experience pain and pressure that is concentrated on a specific area of your face or your head.
- You will feel tenderness on your face as well.
- Patients will tend to feel more pain in the morning because the sinuses would usually be drained all night.
- The sudden temperature changes will cause severe pain for the patient. For example, if you suddenly go out of a cold room into a warmer location.
- Headaches would occur after you have just had a cold.
- Other symptoms will include a general feeling of weariness and malaise. You will have symptoms of a slight fever as well. Aside from this, you may experience a Postnasal drip and sore throat. The disease may also be accompanied by symptoms of sinusitis.
- In addition to this, you will also have migraines and nausea as well. Note that these migraines can be worsened by severe noise.
Sinus headaches can be caused by nasal congestion and inflammation. the sinus inflammation can in turn be caused by a respiratory infection that can block the sinuses and cause severe discomfort and pain for the patient.
Sinus headaches can be difficult to diagnose because it may have the same symptoms as migraines or headaches. It is also important to remember that slight movement such as bending down may worsen the headache.
Possible Treatment Methods
The best way for you to get rid of the sinus headaches is to get rid of sinusitis. Doctors may advise you to take antibiotics or undergo some lifestyle changes to be able to rid yourself of the disease. Your doctor may also give you a variety of nasal sprays or nasal corticosteroids to treat the condition.
Aside from this, it will also be good for you to inhale steam at least 2 to 3 times a day. It is also recommended that you undergo some relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga so that you would not be experiencing any possible stress that can contribute to your physical discomfort.
Lastly, if you do not feel well after a few weeks, it would be better if you call your doctor and have yourself admitted right away in the hospital. This will ensure that you will have the best care possible for your sinus headaches. In addition, some patients who have severe sinus headaches will tend to have the option for surgery.