Reading Time: 8 minutes
We all want pink, smooth and luscious lips but like any other body organ even this delicate area of your face needs very special care and attention. Otherwise, it will not take much time to let it dry and lifeless. However, the good news is that you can naturally heal all your lips issues with some natural DIY homemade lip balms.
As the skin tissue of the lip area is the softest and most sensitive one so any bad effect of your health or diet routine or lifestyle or external environment is likely to affect it on the first hand.
No doubt there are hundreds of commercial lip care cosmetic products that claim to enhance your lip’s beauty enormously but remember they can only provide you a temporary result.
Also, it is harmful to wear lips make up most of the time in a day as its ingredients which also contain some chemicals content can damage the original health and beauty of your lips.
Also, these cosmetic products are very expensive so it is difficult to afford them by many. So to avoid this concern and to strengthen you with a permanent and natural lip care solution today we have come up with some easy DIY homemade lip balms recipes which will only take very few easily available ingredients and very little effort.
These homely prepared lip balms are filled with natural fragrance, flavor and customized ingredients facility according to the specific requirements of your lips. It keeps your lips hydrated, prevents peeling and chapped lips issue by naturally moisturizing them.
It ensures permanent improvement in your lip’s appearance if you use them on a regular basis. Moreover, they are even totally safe and cost-effective.
8 Best DIY Homemade Lip Balms
Homemade Rose Lip Balm
Do you want to get beautiful rosy lips, then this DIY lip balm is a perfect solution for you. Rose is known for its natural healing properties that soothe and calm your dry and chapped lips. By nourishing lip’s skin cells from deep inside it ensure naturally moisturized and smoother lips along with leaving its beautiful fragrance on your lips.
- 3 Tbsp rose-infused oil
- ½ Tbsp castor oil
- 1 Tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Tbsp powder alkanet root
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- At first melt, the beeswax and then mix rose-infused oil, castor oil, and cocoa butter in it.
- Mix alkanet root powder for adding natural color to your DIY lip balm and vanilla extract for adding natural beautiful fragrance.
- Once your mixture gets cooled pour it in a container and store it in the fridge where it will naturally set like a market lip balm.
- Your lip balm is ready to use apply it twice and on a regular basis for relieving your dry and chapped lips issue and to flaunt your smoother, pink and glossy lips.
Homemade Lemon & Raspberry Lip Balm
This lemon and raspberry rich homemade lip balm is an amazing recipe to relieve all your lip’s concerns along with adding a beautiful pink glow to your lips.
Raspberry is rich with essential nutrients that are known for protecting your skin health from external damages. Whereas lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C that helps to rejuvenate your skin hence ensure evergreen beauty and health to your lips.
- 3 to 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 Tbsp raspberry gelatin mix
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- For preparing this DIY lip balm first you need to heat the solid coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix the raspberry gelatin mix in it and blend both the ingredients.
- Place the container into the microwave again. The mixture will take the color of deep raspberry once the gelatin melts.
- Now mix the lemon essential oil in this mixture properly and your DIY lip balm is ready to apply on your beautiful lips.
- Pour this prepared mixture into a lip balm container and store it in your refrigerator to let it take hard and proper consistency like a commercial lip balm.
- Apply this safe and effective homemade, soothing and beautiful natural fragrance rich lip balm on your lips on a regular basis to improve its appearance and health naturally.
Orange, Honey and Vanilla DIY Lip Balm
Citrus fruits like orange are well known for their versatile benefits for improving your skin health and beauty. Similarly, honey which is a vital ingredient of this DIY lip balm is rich with anti-inflammatory properties that protect your lips from further damages and nourishes it from deep inside to reveal smoother, glowing and naturally beautiful lips.
Vanilla works just like cherries on a cake it adds a very beautiful soothing fragrance that lasts for a longer duration on your lips.
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 7 to 8 drops of orange essential oil
- 1/8 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- For preparing this homemade lip balm first you need to mix raw honey with the orange essential oil in a small bowl.
- Now add vanilla extract to this mixture and mix well.
- Pour this prepared mixture into a lip balm container.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and then place this prepared lip balm mixture into the refrigerator so that it can harden properly and takes a perfect lip balm texture.
- Apply this homemade soothing fragrance rich and highly moisturizing lip balm on your lips two times in a day for improving your lip's health and beauty.
Coco-Rosey DIY Lip Balm
Are you suffering from frequent dry and chapped lips issues and not getting permanent relaxation out of any commercial lip care product then this particular DIY lip balm is perfect for your issue.
The coconut oil is an ideal skin-friendly oil known for treating almost all skin problems. Vitamin E, cocoa butter which is a natural moisturizer and few roses petals together form a perfect combination that nourishes your lifeless lip from deep inside and develops rosy, moisturized and glossy lips naturally.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp dried rosebuds
- 1 Tbsp grated cocoa butter
- 3 Squeezed out vitamin E capsules
- 3 Drops rose essential oil(optional)
- For preparing this homemade lip balm first you need to melt the coconut oil in a very low flame in a stainless steel pot.
- Mix the dried rosebuds in this melt coconut oil and stir it well.
- Let it steep for one hour on very low heat. After that strain the oil into a pot with the help of a fine-mesh sieve.
- Wipe out the stainless steel pot and then pour this strain oil in it again to let it heat on low flame.
- Mix cocoa butter and stir it well so that it can be mixed well together.
- Now remove the pot from heat and mix squeezed Vitamin E capsules and essential oil in it and stir properly.
- Pour this mixture into a lip balm container and then let it sit for at least 3 hours. Your DIY lip balm is now ready to use.
- Don’t keep this prepared lip balm into a warm place like your pocket or don’t keep it in a lip balm tube as in that case its leakage risk will be high because of the high melting property of coconut oil which is the primary ingredient of this recipe.
Homemade Shea Butter Lip Balm
This homemade lip balm is one of the perfect blends of highly nourishing content plus natural fragrance. Shea butter is known for its highly moisturizing and hydrating property and when it is merged with other healthy ingredients such as coconut oil, honey, and lemon essential oil it creates a nutritious plus healing property-rich DIY lip balm to relieve all your lip’s concerns easily.
- 1 Tbsp shea butter
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- 4 to 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- For preparing this DIY lip balm first you need to pour shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a pot and place it on low heat on the stove.
- Once the mixture melts mix raw honey and lemon essential oil in this mixture and stirs well.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it cool down on its own. Once the mixture cools down completely pour this prepared lip balm into a jar or tube whichever seems suitable for you to use.
- Apply this DIY lip balm on your sore lips to relieve them faster. Also, it helps to keep your lips moisturized and glossy all the time with its regular application.
Honey and Hemp DIY Lip Balm
The honey and hemp mixed lip balm offers an amazing combination of nourishment plus beautiful light natural color to your lips. Honey is known for its natural healing abilities that speed up the healing process of your dry and chapped lips instantly.
Hemp oil is a natural moisturizer. It is a rich source of healthy fatty acids such as omega and linoleic acid, bioactive compounds, etc that accelerate the healing process by boosting your lip’s skin cells and ensure smoother and beautiful lips naturally.
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp hemp oil
- 4 Tbsp almond oil
- 10g Beeswax
- 15g Shea butter
- 10g Cocoa butter
- Start this DIY lip balm by melting shea butter, beeswax, and cocoa butter into a double boiler.
- Once the mixture melts, mix honey, hemp oil, and almond oil in it and stir them well until you get a smoother liquid texture.
- After this mix honey into this mixture and with the help of a milk frother blend all the ingredients well until you get a medium-thick consistency out of it.
- Your homemade lip balm is ready now. Pour it into a lip balm container to set and place it in a refrigerator. Apply this healthy and effective lip balm on a regular basis for faster healing results.
Lavender Mint DIY Lip Balm
The anti-inflammatory ad anti-bacterial properties of lavender oil help to relieve rough and dry lips issue with its natural nourishing and hydration power. Also, it leaves its beautiful fragrance on your lips which lasts longer.
Similarly, peppermint oil is known for its highly soothing and refreshing effect that relieves your cracked or chapped lips with its potential to heal such skin condition. Also, it ensures smoother, and glowing lips naturally.
- 6 Drops lavender essential oil
- 6 Drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 Tbsp shea butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- For preparing this homemade lip balm at first you need to melt beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in a small pot on medium-low heat.
- Once the mixture melts well, remove the container from heat and add lavender and peppermint essential oils into it and whisk well in order to get a well-mixed and smoother mixture.
- Pour this prepared lip balm into a lip balm container and let it cool down until it takes solid consistency.
- Store it in a cool place or in the refrigerator for further application. Apply this lip balm very frequent basis to heal your sore and chapped lips.
Vanilla Orange DIY Lip Balm
If you want to keep your lips naturally soft and hydrating all the time irrespective of all weathers then this particular lip balm is perfect for you. Orange essential oil is a very good source of nutrients that has high moisturizing as well as healing properties.
Similarly, vanilla is known for its nourishment feature that can make your chapped and cracked lips smoother just with few times applications of this particular DIY lip balm.
- 6 to 8 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 1/8 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp shea butter
- 2 Tbsp grated beeswax
- For preparing this homemade lip balm first add shea butter and beeswax into a double boiler and let it melt on medium-low heat.
- Stir the ingredients to mix them well. Once it melts well, remove the pot from heat.
- Now mix orange essential oil and vanilla into it and stir them well.
- Your lip balm is ready now. Pour it into a lip balm jar and let it cool down to get solid consistency.
- Apply this lip balm at least two times in a day to keep your lips smoother and glossy naturally.
Try these DIY homemade lip balms which are very easy to prepare and plus safe and effective in an application, to maintain your original lip health and beauty.