Natural or DIY homemade products are always safe and beneficial with a comparison to commercial products, no matter what you are preparing and for which specific purpose. This golden rule applies to the DIY natural homemade shampoo recipes and tips as well.
Everyone wants thick, bouncy and lustrous hair, don’t you? We are absolutely sure the answer is a big YES. So do you want to spend your hard-earned money throughout your life for getting the desired shine and beauty in your hair like a celebrity? If not then here is a perfect solution for you.
Try out some cost-effective yet beneficial and safe DIY shampoo recipes which only takes a very few easily available ingredients and a very little amount of your effort and time. Prepare them one time and store them in a shampoo bottle for further use without any issue.
These homemade shampoos are made especially considering the special requirement of your scalps, and your hair type which you can hardly expect from any commercial shampoo product no matter how big the brand you use.
The truth is that no commercial companies will think about your ultimate hair health goal nor they will customize their product each time based on your specific need which is very dynamic as every time your hair and scalp requirement changes on the basis of the weather, environment, your health and other external factors.
However, with our DIY shampoo tips, you can easily prepare a very customized homemade shampoo on the basis of your hair type and your specific need.
These shampoos will not contain any filler or chemicals just like the commercial shampoo to add scent to them. It will contain a natural and soothing fragrance that will nourish your scalp and hair naturally to grow more healthy and shiny hair naturally.
Also, it will help in overcoming some common scalp issues like dandruff, split ends, etc. So what are you waiting for? Just go through the below-mentioned list of DIY shampoos and stay ready to flaunt your lustrous and healthy hair with a very little and negligible amount of expense.
5 DIY Homemade Shampoo That you can try at home
Table of Contents
DIY Homemade Shampoo with Glycerin and Aloe Vera Gel
Are you suffering from dry hair and itchy scalp issue? Is your hair looks dull and lifeless, then this is the most perfect natural homemade shampoo for you. The glycerin, aloe vera gel, and other moisturizing property-rich ingredients content of this DIY shampoo make it a perfect solution to treat all your hair issues.
- 1 tbsp glycerin
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel
- ¼ tbsp jojoba oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup distilled water
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap (for fragrance)
For preparing this DIY shampoo you need to mix all the ingredients in their mentioned quantity in a pot. Stir it well to get a smoother consistency. Store this prepared shampoo in a foaming bottle or flip cap bottle for easy dispense while use. Always shake well the bottle before applying on your hair to get its best and effective result for improving your hair health along with thorough cleansing.
Apply this DIY shampoo in your wet hair. Let it sit for a few minutes so that your hair and scalp can absorb its essence. After that rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water.
DIY Homemade Shampoo with ACV and Jojoba Oil
This DIY natural homemade shampoo is especially for people who are affected with dandruff problem in scalp and hair. This really makes you irritated. Moreover, it is also a cause of concern with regard to your appearance as you cannot do any styling in dandruff prone hair because of its visibility risk.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural and healthy acidic property-rich ingredient that is very effective to reduce extra oil production in your scalp which is the leading cause of flaky scalp. Other ingredients of this DIY shampoo recipe are also equally effective to treat your flaky scalp and to ensure clean and clear scalp and healthy hair.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- ½ tbsp jojoba or any light vegetable oil
- 6 finely ground cloves
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup distilled water
For preparing this DIY shampoo you need to pour all the ingredients in a blender or grinder. On low speed mix the ingredients for 30 seconds. Your DIY shampoo is ready to use now.
Wet your hair first with warm water and then shampoo it with this DIY shampoo. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. You can store the leftover DIY shampoo in a refrigerator for three days after that discard it.
Use this shampoo at least 2 times in a week to make your scalp dandruff free and for boosting the growth of healthy and beautiful hairs.
DIY Homemade Shampoo with Coconut and Vanilla Oil
This DIY shampoo recipe is a versatile natural shampoo with its powerful and healing property-rich ingredients such as coconut fragrance oil, jojoba oil, and vanilla essential oil.
The application of this DIY shampoo will help to nourish your scalp and hair very gently and relieve all common hair concerns naturally to promote healthy hair growth. Also, it will leave a very beautiful, soothing fragrance in your hair that will give a refreshing feeling to you throughout the day.
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 10 drops of coconut fragrance oil
- 10 drops of vanilla essential oil
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup distilled water
For preparing this DIY shampoo you need to mix all the ingredients in their mentioned quantity in a pot. Stir it well to get a smoother consistency. Store this prepared shampoo in a foaming bottle or flip cap bottle for easy dispense while use.
Apply this DIY shampoo in your wet hair. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wash your hair with cool water. Use this shampoo two times a week to enhance the quality and density of your hair.
DIY Homemade Shampoo with Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the finest ingredients to prepare a DIY shampoo that makes your hair clean, shiny and softer very fast and easily. It helps in removing the oil, soap or any other ingredients buildup in your scalp which further causes flaky scalp issues and severe hair fall problems thereon.
Also, it helps to balance your pH level which is vital to eliminate many hair health-related issues and for promoting the growth of more healthy and thick hair.
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup of water
Mix both the ingredients together to get a smoother consistency out of it so that you can apply it in your hair just you do shampoo with any commercial shampoo product. Store the remaining shampoo in a container for further use which can dispense it easily.
As baking soda contains the drying properties that can dry your scalp and hair, so make sure that you won’t use this DIY shampoo on a regular or frequent basis. It is best for removing buildup especially when you switch to a new DIY shampoo. So it can be used as clarifying DIY shampoo.
DIY Homemade Shampoo with Almond Oil and Dried Rosemary
If you want to add a natural glow or shine in your hair then this particular DIY homemade shampoo is perfect for your requirement. The sweet almond oil content of this shampoo nourishes your scalp and hair along with thorough cleansing with its other potent cleaning ingredients.
The dried rosemary used in this natural shampoo helps in boosting blood circulation in your scalp that helps in eliminating dandruff, premature graying and hair fall issues.
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- ¼ lemon essential oil
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap or lemon
- ¼ cup distilled water
For preparing this natural shampoo first you need to boil the distilled water and rosemary until it develops and retains the fragrant. After that strain the leaves and let it sit for some time until it gets cool.
Now mix all remaining ingredients and stir them well. Pour this prepared DIY shampoo in a flip cap bottle or foaming bottle for easy usability while shampooing your hair.
Use this natural shampoo similarly as you do to any commercial shampoo for cleansing your hair. It will add natural fragrance and shine in your hair with its frequent use.
Some Tips for Thickening DIY Shampoo
Follow the below-mentioned tips to make your DIY shampoo as thicker as any commercial shampoo product.
- You can mix arrowroot powder or cornstarch in the baking soda and water mix natural shampoo to get the desired level of thickness.
- Take some good whole oats and blend them in a blender and then mix it into the baking soda and water. Add this prepared oat flour into your DIY shampoo to the extent until it reaches the desired level of thickness.
- Mix ¾ tbsp of cornstarch and ¾ tbsp of oatmeal flour into baking soda and water to get a new version of thickness along with getting the essence of both these added ingredients for thickness.
How to Use Your DIY Shampoo
Now as you have prepared your own customized DIY shampoo so its turn to apply them on your hair. Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to apply your homemade shampoo in the best possible way to grab their full benefits for your hair health.
- Every time when you need to shampoo your hair shake the bottle well before each application and pour it directly in your scalp and hair. Massage your scalp and hair gently with this for one or two minutes and then rinse it well.
- You can use a DIY conditioner after rinsing your hair to get the best result for your hair. The DIY conditioner will help to restore the pH balance of your hair and remove common hair health issues such as split ends, dryness, etc. The DIY conditioner will also ensure that your hair won’t get greasy or sticky after the application of homemade shampoo.
- Use these DIY natural homemade shampoos at least two times in a week to keep your scalp and hair healthy along with shiny and lustrous appearance.
Some Tips to Control Oily Hair
Follow the below-mentioned tips and tricks for controlling your oily hair problem.
- You can mix 7 to 8 drops of citrus essential oil into your shampoo for controlling oil in your hair and to prevent its associated problem. You can use lime, lemon or sweet orange’s essential oil.
- For controlling oily hair problem you can use a mixture of 2 egg yolks and 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon. Apply this mixture on your hair while showering. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Use this DIY trick occasionally to control your oily hair.
- While using DIY shampoo shake the bottle well so that it mixes well before each use. Massage with the shampoo into your scalp for at least 2 minutes’ time. And then rinse it.
- While using any new DIY shampoo your scalp and hair will take at least 2 weeks time to adjust with this new product. So don’t afraid with initial days annoying experiences if you face them.
Some Helpful Tips for Controlling Static
Women who do heat styling may face some static while using these DIY shampoos in the cold weathers or months. However, this issue can be resolved through below-mentioned tips-
- Don’t shampoo your hair more than 3 days a week.
- For reducing or preventing static issues do trimming on an interval of every six to eight weeks time as because lesser the split ends lesser the static.
- Massage your hair and scalp with one tbsp of olive oil at least once in a week and then rinse it.
- As much as it is possible to avoid the usage of heating products such as dryers, flat or curling irons, etc.
- For moisturizing your hair and reducing the split ends issue rub your hair till its end with a very small amount of melted coconut oil. Avoid the scalp area.
The DIY natural homemade shampoo recipes shared above are the best alternative solutions to the expensive and chemicals loaded commercial shampoos. These DIY shampoos will contain their own natural fragrance, along with natural healing properties to maintain the health and beauty of your hair.
[expand title=”View Article Sources“]