Reading Time: 22 minutes
If you’re looking for shiny, lustrous and damage-free hair, you need to understand that not even the world’s most expensive shampoo can get you the look a regular hair care regimen offers. Part of the hair care revolves around homemade hair packs. You can come up with these hair-packs yourself, without shelling out a single dollar. Leaving behind chemical side effects, these DIY masks give you the thick, strong and beautiful tresses you always yearned for.
Homemade Hair Masks
#1 Avocado and Banana
Avocado is enriched with vitamin E. This rejuvenates the hair and moisturizes it, making it thicker besides adding vitamins, potassium, natural oil and carbs in bananas that soften the hair and protect it from breakage or falling.
- Mash a single medium-length avocado which is ripened with a single small banana that is also ripe.
- Then, add a single tablespoon of wheat germ oil and olive oil to this paste.
- Gently rub in the mixture into the hair covering the tips and the roots.
- After 30 minutes, one needs to rinse the hair with cold water and wash it with a shampoo.
- For the best outcomes, you need to use this mask twice in a week.
#2 Gooseberry, Shikakai and Coconut Oil
Also known by its Ayurvedic name amla, Indian gooseberry is a strong source of vitamin C, because of which it has antioxidants, flavonoids and helps the hair the scalp to remain healthy, promoting texture and hair growth. Coconut oil additionally moisturizes and nourishes the hair while shikakai strengthens the hair root.
- Mix a single tablespoon of gooseberry and shikakai powder in two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Once the oil is strained, it needs to be massaged onto the scalp before one goes to bed.
- After 12 hours, the hair needs to be shampooed and washed.
- This mask can be used on a weekly basis.
#3 Flaxseeds and Lemon Juice
Flaxseeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids as well as proteins. This leads to the promotion of thick hair. Besides this, it also keeps the dandruff under control and improves the elasticity of the hair.
- Soak over a quarter cup of flaxseeds in water for 12 hours overnight.
- In the morning, adding 2 cups of water to the flaxseed, bring it to boil.
- In case it thickens, the flame is reduced and half a juice of lemon is squeezed on it.
- After some minutes, the heat needs to be turned off and it needs to cool off.
- A few drops of essential oil of your choice can be then added.
- This styling gel can be regularly applied or left overnight. It needs to be shampooed the next morning.
#3 Aloe Vera Hair Masks
Across time, women go by aloe vera, a plant which contains potent antioxidants. It contains a myriad of useful compounds like mannas, lectins, water, polysaccharides, minerals and vitamins and can be used on any type of hair and any form.
Hair Shine Mask
- Three teaspoons of fresh aloe vera gel must be combined with the following ingredients: one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of olive oil and two teaspoons of yogurt.
- Mix this well and apply it on the hair and scalp.
- Massage the mixture into the scalp for about ten minutes.
- It needs to then be left for 30 minutes and then washed.
- This mask restores the nature hair shine and it works to get rid of dandruff.
Deep Conditioning Mask
- Mix two teaspoons of fresh aloe vera plant with a teaspoon of honey and three coconut oil teaspoons.
- It needs to then be massaged well into the hair; additionally, it needs to rest for 30 minutes and then washed with shampoo.
- The mask deep conditions the dull, dry hair adding bounce and moisture.
- Mix a single cup of fresh aloe vera gel, one honey teaspoon and two teaspoons containing apple cider vinegar.
- This needs to be mixed well and generously applied to the scalp and hair.
- One needs to rest for twenty minutes and then shampoo the hair.
- This needs to be carried out twice a month to remove dandruff.
#4 Coconut Hair Oil Mask
Coconut Lemon Mask
- For this, you need to heat up coconut oil and add a juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
- Mixing this well, apply generously to the scalp and hair.
- Let it rest for an hour and shampoo frequently too.
- This mask fights off itchy dandruff and eliminates split ends.
Coconut Banana Mask
- Take a blender and mix ripe banana and coconut oil together.
- Mix it well and add coconut milk to the mixture too.
- Apply this to the scalp and hair generously.
- It needs to be kept for as long as 60 minutes, and then a shampoo has to be used to clean the hair.
- The mask helps the hair in regaining the moisture by preventing hair loss and locking it in.
Coconut Egg Mask
- The protein element is added to the hair with this mask.
- Add an egg and a teaspoon of honey to coconut oils.
- It needs to be massaged well into the scalp and the hair and let the mask sit for 60-120 minutes and then shampoo it as usual.
This mask causes the hair to strengthen, leaving it damage free.
Coconut Oil Mix
- Mix coconut oil with argan oil, almond oil and a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Apply this mask for 12 hours overnight and wash it the next day.
- This mask helps to make the hair manageable and super soft while giving the mane lustrous shine.
Shoe Flowers or Hibiscus is known to be wonderful for the hair. You just need to whip up the hair packs to get amazing tresses.
The leaves and petals of the hibiscus flower infuse the scalp with nutrients and strengthen the hair, using vitamin C and calcium. It stimulates blood circulation to the scalp, too.
- Hibiscus petals need to be ground into a fine paste.
- This then needs to be mixed with coconut oil and applied to the scalp, while being thoroughly massaged.
- It needs to be left on for 60 minutes and shampooed off.
- This needs to be carried out once a week.
To Get an Impressive Shine:
This pack soothes out a stressed scalp and revives dehydrated, dry locks by infusing these with moisture.
- Grind hibiscus flowers and mix aloe vera gel and almond oil.
- Apply the paste on the hair and scalp and massage this paste in.
- It then needs to be shampooed off in twenty minutes.
This mask rejuvenates the scalp and removes flakiness; it also boosts the hair and scalp health across time.
- Grind fenugreek seeds that are soaked, with hibiscus petals and mehendi leaves to a paste.
- Apply lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Then, apply this mixture to the hair and the scalp.
- It then needs to be left on for thirty minutes and washed off.
Boost Hair Growth:
- Grinding the hibiscus leaves, you need to add one-fourth cup curd, 2 tablespoons of almond oil/coconut oil to form a paste that is fine.
- This then needs to be applied in a thick layer over the hair and the scalp.
- Post 15 minutes, you need to wash off this paste with cool water and a conditioner.
- This enhances the growth of the hair and leaves the scalp healthy and clean.
#6 Curd, Honey Hair and Lemon Juice Pack for Shiny Tresses
The ingredients include one cup of curd, one teaspoon of lemon juice and honey.
- A smooth paste needs to be made with all the ingredients.
- This needs to be applied to the hair from the roots till the end and left on for half an hour.
- After this, you need to wash the hair with mild shampoo and conditioner.
- This hair pack brings dull hair to life and makes your tresses healthier.
#7 Mayonnaise Egg Hair Pack
For this, you need a single egg white, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and a single teaspoon of curd.
- You need to mix the ingredients above to form a smoothened paste and apply this as a thick layer on the scalp and on the hair.
- After 20 minutes, you need to rinse the paste off with cool water.
- This pack is rich in proteins and makes the hair shinier and smoother.
#8 Eggs Hair Mask
Rich in fatty acid and protein, eggs add moisture and shine to the hair, repairing damaged and rough hair. Eggs are used as hair mask to provide a complete dose of nourishment.
- Apply a single egg on the hair, coating the strands, and leave this on for 30 minutes.
- Then wash the hair for an amazing shine.
#9 Coconut Oil
Using coconut oil on the strands of the hair as well as the roots battles damage and dryness. It makes the hair frizz free, shiny and soft. A weekly massage with coconut oil keeps the scalp and the hair strong and healthy.
#10 Mayonnaise Mask
The massive percentage of fat in mayonnaise works as a moisturizer, causing the hair to become soft at once. Full fat, plain mayonnaise masks on dampened hair needs to be kept on for a minimum of 30 minutes.
#11 Yogurt Mask
Yogurt is great for not just the stomach, but also the hair. Lactic acid found in yogurt works as a softening agent for the hair.
Use fresh, unflavored yogurt on the tresses, keeping it on for twenty minutes and washing it off with lukewarm water.
#12 Aloe Vera and Honey Mask
Aloe vera is a natural conditioning agent, while honey adds to the hydration. These ingredients together make hair soft, manageable and glossy. Mix aloe vera gel with additional honey and use it as a pack when one needs soft hair instantly.
#13 Banana and Olive Oil Mix
Mash and mix the banana with a tablespoon of olive oil. This offers a smooth texture and serves as a deep conditioner after the shampoo. Keeping the hair mask on for a minimum of 30 minutes, you need to rinse the hair with cold water.
#14 Coconut Oil and Lemon
Warming up coconut oil, add a juice of a single lemon. Apply this mixture on the hair. The coconut oil works as a moisturizing conditioner for the hair. The lemon juice works as a scalp rejuvenator and removes dandruff one may have. The oil mix needs to be kept overnight and washed with shampoo the very next day.
#15 Sugar Water Mask
Blend a teaspoon of sugar with some water in a cup. Pouring the water over the palm, and run it across your hair. This makes the hair less frizzy to a massive extent. Sugar water acts as a hair spray which is homemade.
#16 Eggs and Olive Oil
Eggs, as well as olive oil, are not just essential ingredients for a healthy body. These also offer nourishment for the hair. Eggs are naturally rich in fatty acids and proteins that fill in the gaps in the keratin in hair shafts. They also come with an essential mineral content that boosts the growth of hair, such as iron, zinc, sulfur, phosphorus and vitamin E.
Olive oil, on the other hand, is rich in antioxidants that work to keep the scalp healthier and provide a favorable environment for the growth of hair. Masks use plain yogurt, which serves as a scalp cleanser, removing the dead cells and oils that clog the follicles of the hair. The lemon juice adds additional antibacterial properties to the mask as well. This prevents problems like dandruff.
To make the egg and olive oil hair mask for growing hair, you need one egg, plain yogurt of around 2 teaspoons and lemon juice of around one tablespoon as well as a single teaspoon of olive oil.
- Combine the yogurt, egg, lemon juice and olive oil in a single bowl.
- For this, you need to break open one egg into a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of plain yogurt.
- Additionally, add a single teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add a single tablespoon of lemon juice, too.
- Mixing the ingredients, use the hair mask once in a week.
- You then need to blend all together and apply once a week for additional hair growth.
- Use a hand blending device to make the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- The cosmetic brush is needed to apply the mask evenly on the scalp and the hair.
- This is easiest to apply on damp hair.
- The mask needs to be left in the hair for thirty minutes before it is rinsed out.
- The hair needs to be shampooed as usual after this.
- This mask needs to be used once in a week to provide a keratin boost and promote the healthy growth of hair.
#17 Onion Hair Mask
Onion is wonderful for the hair. This is because this vegetable is rich in sulfur, and promotes the production of collagen in the scalp, allowing new hair follicles to grow. It is also rich in antioxidants that prevent premature hair graying and antibacterial properties of onions also stave off hair problems.
Combining honey with onion juice also helps to draw in the moisture and antioxidants promote the growth of hair. Onion juice is used to remove gray hair and prevent the loss of hair.
For this mask, you need red onion juice for promotion of collagen production which adds one-fourth of the cup. Honey is antioxidant rich and comprises one tablespoon.
- Mix the onion paste and honey together.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to one-fourth of a cup of red onion juice. The two then need to be mixed well.
- Apply the onion hair mask once in a week.
- The mask needs to be applied one to two times to boost hair growth.
- Apply the onion hair mask and scalp using a hair dye brush.
- The mask needs to be left on for a minimum of thirty minutes. Wear a shower cap to prevent dripping or spillage.
- Keep the mask on for 12 hours overnight.
- In the morning, rinse out the mask with lukewarm or plain water and add shampoo to this.
- Use a DIY shampoo to ensure that it is completely natural.
- The mask needs to be used once or twice per week for maximal hair growth.
#18 Coconut, Rosemary and Avocado Hair Mask
Coconut is used to strengthen hair and provide a beautiful sheen. When hair feels lifeless and dull, try out this homemade mask for the best hair growth. Extra virgin coconut oil contains fatty acids which go deeper into the hair follicles as well as nourish the scalp and the strands from within. The oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal warding off dandruff, infections, inflammation and scalp acne. Avocados are a wonderful source of healthy fats that exert a deep conditioning impact on the hair. The mask is also rich in rosemary essential oil for preventing hair loss and baldness.
The requirements range across half an avocado, 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin coconut oil, one teaspoon of aloe vera gel, and 10 to 12 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil.
- Half an avocado needs to be mashed in the bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the pulp thoroughly. Use a high-speed blender to get the most consistent paste.
- Add some aloe vera gel, rosemary oil and coconut.
- Pour a teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel onto the avocado which is mashed.
- Add a single teaspoon of extra-virgin coconut oil.
- After adding ten to twelve drops of rosemary essential oil, you need to mix the ingredients completely.
- Apply this avocado coconut hair mask once in a week. Repeat 1 to 2 times in a week for long, frizz-less hair.
- The prepaid mask needs to be applied on the scalp and hair; repeated 1 to 2 times per week for long, frizz-free hair.
- Through a dye brush, apply the avocado hair mask on every strand covering the complete hair shaft.
- This mask needs to be applied on the scalp.
- Your hair needs to be tied up to prevent the mask from dripping.
- Let it remain for 15 minutes and rinse it out.
- Follow it with a regular shampoo.
- Opt for enriching hair mask, 1-2 times per week for frizz-free hair, and more rapid hair growth.
#19 Castor Oil and Honey Hair Mask
Being highly viscous, mixing castor oil with olive oil makes it easier to apply and wash off later. Castor oil contains essential fatty acids and olive oil is rich in antioxidants while honey is a potent antiseptic.
If your hair is naturally quite frizzy, you can mix in some honey for extra moisturizing.
Take one tablespoon of castor oil for unclogging the hair follicles. Additionally, you need to take one tablespoon of olive oil and honey as well which is optional for about 1 tablespoon.
- Mix olive oil, honey and castor oil.
- Then, whisk the ingredients to get a complete blend.
- Here’s how you go about it: pour one tablespoon of castor oil in the bowl, and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- For those with frizzy hair, add a single tablespoon of honey too.
- A hand blender may be used for whisking the ingredients.
- Apply the castor oil mask on the hair once in a week. This leads to enhanced growth.
- The oil pack needs to cover every strand from the root to the ends.
- The next step is to cover the hair with the shower cap or wrap clothes around the head.
- This needs to be left on for a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it and then shampoo the hair as usual.
- Using a castor oil mask once in a week, keep your hair strong, shiny and promote rapid growth.
#20 Indian Gooseberry and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Indian gooseberry, also called amla, is rich in phytonutrients that boost blood circulation in the scalp and strengthen the follicles in the scalp. They also stimulate healthy growth of hair. Additionally, antioxidants present in Indian gooseberry help to fend off free radical damage and are an excellent add-on to prevent hair loss and gray hair.
Aloe vera helps to repair the hair follicles that are dead and on the scalp, stimulating dormant follicles and promoting hair growth. It also prevents itching, reduces dandruff and conditions the scalp. Rosemary oil also reduces hair loss.
Around half a cup of Indian gooseberry or amla powder needs to be taken along with a single tablespoon of coconut oil for deep nourishment. Additionally, there is aloe vera gel for repairing the dead follicles, two tablespoons of which need to be used. In addition, 10 to 12 drops of Rosemary essential oil is also used.
- Combine amla powder, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, and rosemary oil. Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera juice with half a cup of amla powder.
- You need to also add the extra virgin coconut oil. A spoon should be used to mix ingredients into a paste free of lumps.
- The hair pack needs to be applied once weekly. The dye brush can be used for applying the mask evenly on the hair.
- It needs to be applied on the scalp as well.
- Then, leave the mask for about 60 minutes to work out. Wash it with a mild shampoo and use the mask once in a week for promoting healthy hair growth and preventing prematurely gray hair.
#21 Gram Flour Protein and Shikakai Pack
The shikakai protein pack is a treatment that is needed to maintain the strength as well as the health of the tresses. Take powdered shikakai of around 3 teaspoonfuls and add another 3 teaspoonfuls of gram flour/besan. Make a paste of these ingredients using water. Apply this protein hair pack on the scalp and the hair. Leave this on for one hour and rinse it with water. The shampoo will not be needed as gram protein and shikakai are both natural hair cleansers.
#22 Curd and Gram Flour Hair Pack
Taking half a cup of curd, add half a cup of gram flour and mix this well. Then apply it on the hair roots and hair strands. Leave it on for 40-45 minutes and then rinse it. Shampooing the hair is not needed. Curd/yogurt is rich in milk proteins which makes the hair roots grow stronger. Milk protein also makes the hair grow faster and longer.
#23 Egg and Honey Protein Pack
Take around 2 eggs and beat these in a bowl properly to ensure even consistency. Then, add one tablespoon of honey and mix the mixture well. The protein hair pack needs to be used on the hair and scalp. It needs to be left off for an hour and then rinsed off with cold water.
#24 Curd and Avocado Protein Pack
Another milk protein source that makes a good hair pack with avocado pulp is curd. Take half a cup of curd and the pulp or flesh of some avocados. Mash everything well for a smooth texture. This natural hair pack needs to be applied on the scalp and kept on for 45 minutes. It then needs to be washed off with normal water. Avocados are rich in vitamin which further nourishes the hair.
#25 Coconut Milk and Banana Hair Pack
Banana is rich in phosphorus and coconut milk contains proteins. This hair pack is ideal for strengthening the hair. Getting rid of the banana pulp is hard so the procedure must be followed carefully. Take a banana and put it through the grinder with around half a cup of coconut milk. Blend these so the banana is reduced to a pulp and there are absolutely no lumps. Apply this puree in the form of a hair pack on the scalp. Keep the pack on for around 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water. This also serves as nourishment for damaged and dry hair.
#26 Triple Protein Hair Pack
This hair pack has the goodness of ingredients like eggs, yogurt, and gram flour. You need to take an egg and break it in the bowl. Add half a cup of curd along with an equal amount of gram flour. Adjust the quantity as per the length of the hair. Mix this and apply it on the hair and roots. Then, shampoo after 40-45 minutes.
Hair is made of proteins and so a hair pack nourishes the hair and offers better results. These hair packs have natural ingredients that make hair texture smoother and better. Coconut milk additionally prevents split ends and avocados help to repair the hair damage. Curd is useful for curing dandruff while eggs add more strength and shine to the hair. Further, gram flour is a hair cleanser and shikakai is essential for hair care related issues.
#27 Mango and Olive Oil Pack
You need a single mango pulp and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- The two ingredients need to emulsify using an electronic whisking apparatus and apply it on the hair length.
- Let it stay on for 30 minutes and then rinse.
This simple, 2-ingredient hair pack saves money and time. It ensures your hair becomes smooth and silky.
#28 Mango and Egg Hair Pack
This includes one ripe mango, 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt.
- You need to extract the mango pulp and mash it well. Then, mix the egg yolk and natural yogurt along with it.
- Blend and apply this over the hair and scalp. Let it remain for 40-50 minutes and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- This hair pack works wonders fortresses because it is rich in proteins and nutrients. It also makes the hair stronger and softer, besides promoting hair growth.
#27 Mango and Papaya Hair Pack
Choose one ripe mango, a single slice of ripe papaya and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- All the ingredients need to be blended together and then used to cover the hair liberally.
- This must remain in the hair for a minimum of 2 hours for optimal results.
- It needs to be followed with a shampoo routine, without any conditioner.
- The hair pack is amazing for those with frizzy and dry hair. It infuses fresh life into the hair by making it shiny and bounce well.
#28 Mango and Aloe Vera Hair Pack
This includes one ripe mango, one aloe vera stem gel and a single tablespoon of castor oil.
- Blending the gel together with castor oil and mango pulp is essential.
- It needs to be applied on the hair and rinsed off with shampoo within one hour.
- For those fighting with damaged hair strands, aloe vera and mango are excellent ingredients for fending off issues.
#29 Mango and Banana Hair Mask
This includes a ripe mango, few drops of essential oil and a banana.
- The pulp of the mango and banana must be reduced to a mash using the fork.
- Adding a few drops of essential oil, you need to apply it generously on the hair and wash off the shampoo within 60 minutes.
- This hair pack tames the tresses. Mango along with banana is the perfect combination to liven dry, dull tresses. This added benefits of essential oils makes the hair smell just delightful.
- Store-bought conditioners can be added to ensure this wonderful hair pack can further tame your hair.
#30 Mango and Fuller’s Earth Hair Pack
Choose one ripe mango and 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth.
- You need to take a ripe mango, chop the pulp and mash it.
- Then, take 2-3 tablespoons of fuller’s earth and mix it with a mango pulp.
- Finally, apply the paste to the hair and leave on for some time.
- Once it dries, wash your hair with water. You will enjoy the smooth feel of the hair. Using this pack regularly will strengthen your hair.
#31 Onion and Beer Mask
For this, you need a single cup of beer, a single onion and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- The onion needs to be ground in a juicer; beer and coconut oil need to be added to it.
- The thick mixture needs to be applied to the scalp and the leftover mask on the hair till it completely dries. Then, you need to rinse it with warm water and use herbal shampoo.
#32 Egg and Beer Hair Mask
You need 50 ml of flat beer and one egg yolk.
- You need to whisk both the ingredients and apply these on damp hair.
- The hair needs to be covered with a plastic shower cap or wrap.
- Then the hair needs to soak in the goodness of the mask. Additionally, wash it off with mild shampoo to give your hair a fuller look.
#33 Jojoba Oil and Beer Mask
This includes one cup of warm beer and a single teaspoon of jojoba oil.
- First, shampoo your hair.
- Then mix the jojoba oil and warm beer together.
- Finally, pour the mixture over the strands. You then need to stay for some minutes and rinse it off. The mask is an amazing conditioner.
#34 Honey and Beer Mask
For this, you need a single banana, one egg yolk, one tablespoon honey and half a cup of dark beer.
- Blend these ingredients together and apply it generously on the hair.
- Cover the head with a shower cap for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Then, wash it off with shampoo and repeat every week for well-nourished softer hair.
#35 Avocado Oil and Beer Mask
Take one half cup of flat beer, one avocado oil teaspoon and one raw egg.
- You need to mix all the ingredients together and apply these on the hair
- Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Follow this up with a daily shampoo and conditioner.
#36 Gelatin and Beer Hair Mask
For this, you need a spoonful of gelatin, a cup of warm beer, and one teaspoon of olive oil.
- First, the gelatin needs to be mixed with the beer and not disturbed for twenty minutes.
Then, mix the olive oil and apply this on damp hair.
- Wrap the hair with a warm towel and let your tresses steam for around 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with shampoo.
#37 Strawberry and Beer Mask
For this hair mask, you need 3 to 4 strawberries and a single cup of beer.
- Mash the strawberries and add these into beer till a paste is formed.
- Apply this on the scalp in a circular motion.
- You then need to leave this on the scalp for 20 to 25 minutes and wash this off with a mild shampoo.
- This mask is amazing for dull, dry and brittle hair.
#37 Yogurt and Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera is a fantastic cure for dry, dull and lifeless hair. It keeps the scalp hydrated and also quickens hair regeneration. Those with thin, dandruff hair or hair lacking a shine can try this homemade hair mask for the best results.
You need 1 tablespoon yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of honey and aloe vera gel.
- All the ingredients need to be mixed together and applied on the hair starting from the root and right to the end.
- The scalp needs to be massaged with the application for 10 to 15 minutes and rinsed off within 30 minutes.
- This needs to be followed with a milder shampoo.
- The hair regains its shine using this face mask.
#38 Aloe Vera and Apple Cider Vinegar Mask
For this, you need one cup of aloe vera plant gel, and 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar.
- You need to whisk these together and apply this to the scalp.
- It then needs to stay on for 30-35 minutes and washed off with a shampoo.
- Apple cider vinegar has a pungent smell, and if used as a hair mask, it can ward off dandruff easily.
#39 Castor Oil and Aloe Vera Mask
The ingredients include one cup of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of castor oil and fenugreek powder.
- Blending all the ingredients together, you need to apply from the roots to the hair ends.
- Then, cover the hair with a shower cap and keep the paste in the hair for 12 hours overnight.
- Wash this off in the morning with shampoo and lukewarm water.
- This hair mask promotes good growth.
#40 Hibiscus and Aloe Vera Mask
Ingredients include one cup of aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower paste.
- Both the ingredients need to be blended together and applied over the tresses, especially the hair ends.
- This ensures hair remains smooth, thick and shiny.
- This is a wonderful mask for removing split ends.
#41 Egg and Aloe Vera Mask
Use a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, one tablespoon of garlic juice and a single egg yolk.
- The ingredients need to be mixed together and applied on the scalp.
- Then, you need to use steam in the hair by wrapping the tresses in a warm towel.
- Once 30 minutes are over, wash the hair with shampoo.
- This hair mask is rich in protein and makes the hair really strong.
#42 Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Mask
Use one cup of aloe vera gel, 2 teaspoons of rosewater and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Combine all the ingredients at once and apply it on the hair strands and scalp.
- Once 30 minutes are up, wash it off with water.
- This helps to destroy the dandruff and offers shiny, fragrant hair.
#43 Aloe Vera and Coconut Hair Oil Mask
For this mask, you need one cup of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of raw honey and coconut oil.
- Blending all the ingredients together, you need to apply these over the scalp and hair.
- Then, cover the hair with a warm towel.
- Wash off the paste and shampoo the hair.
- This way, you can get rid of dry, frizzy hair.
#44 Honey Hair Mask
Honey keeps the scalp healthy and hydrates the skin as well. It also nourishes and prevents the hair from breaking and falling.
- Crack an egg and pour the yolk into the bowl.
- Then add a teaspoon of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of honey to the mix as well.
- Mix these ingredients and apply the paste on the scalp.
- Make way from the roots to the very end.
- Wash the hair using shampoo and lukewarm water.
#45 Coconut Oil Hair Mask
A main reason one loves coconut oil is because it nourishes the roots, repairs damaged hair and prevents hair from falling.
- In one saucepan, add coconut oil up to 2 tablespoons and a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Turn the heat up and wait till the oil becomes lukewarm.
- Pour the oil into the plate and dip your fingers in it.
- Gently apply this to the scalp and massage for at least 35 to 40 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with warm water and do this twice in a month.
#46 Banana Hair Mask
As bananas are loaded with potassium, natural oils and antioxidants, they make an amazingly healthy hair mask for combating hair loss.
- Peel two ripe bananas and slice these into tiny cubes.
- Mash these to form a paste.
- Then add a tablespoon of coconut oil and drizzle some honey over it.
- Apply it and leave the mask to dry for a good forty minutes.
- Once it hardens, it can be washed off with lukewarm water. This needs to be carried out once in a month.
#47 Yogurt Hair Mask
Yogurt contains proteins and vitamin D and B essential for the growth of hair. It improves the hair texture.
- Empty one scoop of yogurt into the bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some drops of almond oil.
- Mix the ingredients together and apply the mixture to the root and the strands.
- Once 45 minutes are over, you need to wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- This needs to be carried out twice in 3 weeks.
#48 Strawberry Hair Mask
Strawberries clean the pores and ensure that your hair shines.
- Take a handful of strawberries and blend these in a mixer.
- Scoop out the paste and empty these into the bowl.
- Additionally, add one teaspoon of almond oil to the paste and mix this using a spoon.
- Apply this further to the roots and the scalp and leave for about 60 minutes.
- Wash it off with chilled water.
- Carry this out twice in a month.
#49 Green Tea Hair Mask
Green tea is as good for hair as it is for the skin. In green tea, there are several antioxidants and proteins that help to nourish the hair and the scalp.
- Take a yolk of egg and whisk it till it becomes thick.
- Add two tablespoons of green tea to this bowl.
- Apply this green tea to your strands and let it stay on for an hour and a half.
- Then wash this off with regular water.
- Use this hair mask twice a month.
#50 Castor Oil Hair Mask
As it is rich in proteins, castor oil repairs damaged hair and protects your scalp.
- Add three tablespoons of castor oil in the bowl.
- Next add a few drops of olive oil and a tablespoon of brandy.
- Then, mix all the ingredients and apply this from the roots to the end.
- Sit back and relax for 20-30 minutes.
- Then, wash this off with mild shampoo and apply conditioner to the tips.
Thus, the best cure for dry and listless tresses could very well lie in your kitchen cabinet. Use these homemade hair masks to rejuvenate and revitalize your hair, today.