Acne problems are so worse concerning beauty, and many of us get frustrated seeing those small red pimples on our face and back, and you must’ve tried many creams and tablets to treat them. Has all gone in vain or cost you lost of money? At last leaving behind a scar! So how can we deal with this problem? Well its simple, there are lots of home remedies to scare acne away from face or wherever it is and leave behind a flawless, spotless clean skin. Eager to know the remedies? well that’s what I’m here for, to tell you what actually an acne is, and how to can treat them at home.
What is acne?
Acne is the occurrence of infected or inflated sebaceous glands in the skin except in the palms and feet, caused by over secretion of sebum.
What causes acne?
Skin has pores (tiny holes), which connect to oil glands through the follicles. These glands produce sebum, an oily liquid, which carries dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. Pimples are caused when these follicles get blocked and acne is caused when follicles are both blocked as well as infected. Nobody is really sure what causes acne, and it is believed that, it is caused due to the rising androgen level, which rises during your adolescence, which in turn produces sebum, when the sebum is excessive; it breaks the cellular walls in the pores, and causes bacteria to grow. Even medication that contains androgen or lithium can cause acne, the other reasons on why the acne is formed is, greasy cosmetics and also occurs during pregnancy.
Acne treatment at home:
Listed below are various remedies to treat acne using household things,
- Make a mask by mixing cinnamon powder and honey, and apply on the affected area before you go to bed, later wash it off the next morning with warm water. Using this continuously produce good results, by giving you a fresh, and good-looking healthy skin. Cinnamon powder can also be mixed with lemon juice for skin treatment.
- Fresh garlic can be rubbed over the affected area and you’ll be surprised to see that the acne has vanished without any trace.
- Fresh papaya juice mixed with few drops of lemon juice will work excellently well in treating not only the acne but even other skin infections and spots.
- Prepare a mix with equal quantity of lemon extract and rosewater and apply on your face as a mask, wash after 15-20 minutes with warm water, and see the results, it’ll help in vanishing the acne.
- Apply the egg white facemask for nearly 30 minutes before washing will give best results. You can also use tomato juice or Aloe Vera extract on your face.
- Prepare a mask mixing oatmeal and rosewater and apply on your face as a mask and rinse with cold water after it dries, this will help in treating pimples, black heads, white heads, and will make your skin smooth.
- Make a paste grinding the radish seeds along with water to apply on your face; it’ll cleanse the pores.
- Mix nutmeg powder with raw milk and apply the paste on your face and wash after an hour, which will help in treating acne.
- You can also apply mask of sandalwood powder mixed with rosewater, which is believed to make skin smooth and work on acne.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water, and apply on the face, it will dry the oil on your face healing the spots and blemishes. Wash off the mask after 15 minutes.
- Make a paste of honey, lemon juice and sugar, and apply on your face and wash after 15 minutes, it’ll help in clearing the infection and make the skin smooth. For sugar acts as natural cleanser and scrub.
- Smash the cucumber and mix oatmeal along with 1 spoon of yogurt and apply as a mask on your face, and wash after 30 minutes with cold water. It will make skin smooth and cool in addition to treating acne.
- Mix lemon juice and raw egg white and apply on your face and wash after it dries.
- Simply cut the big grapes and rub on your skin to get flawless smooth skin.
- You can use benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy aicd, or tea tree oil, which can be bought over the counter without prescription. This will clean the pores and infection, and will peel the dead skin. Apply slightly on the affected area before going to bed.
These are some of the simple ways to treat acne in a cost effective way and along with this eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetable salads, and drinking 8 glasses of water per day is mandatory, to maintain healthy lifestyle.. Healthy balanced diet will prevent these skin problems.
Wash off the make up with cleanser if you had applied for party or on some special occasion before going to bed, never sleep with make up on your face, this will clog the pores and cause infections. Wash your face at least twice a day with mild soap or liquid washes to keep it clean and fresh. Apply sunscreen when you step out of your house to prevent sunburns, blemishes and other skin problems.