Before we get on the subject of Prosexual herbs to boost your libido, maybe we should define what it libido and what is it for?
What is libido in men?
Libido is the desire (or lack of) for sexual intercourse; this is a basic life instinct. You will find that to this very day there are many women who have no idea at all what goes on inside a man’s head when it comes to sexual desire. (You will find that many men say the same about women too). So what is it exactly that makes your man tick?
You will find that it can be very difficult for a woman to comprehend how much power there is in regards to a man’s sexual desire, although a man’s libido can vary greatly from person to person. Needless to say, men tend to be more sexually driven than women do. This is part of the reason why humans have survived for so many thousands of years on this planet. Men have been programmed to understand that they must penetrate women and ensure that they inject sperm into the woman; this is just nature’s programming. Ok! It sounds awful, but that it how the world goes round. After all, whether we want to look at it this way or not, humans are after all ‘Animals’. Many men are monogamous and remain totally faithful to their dear wives and girlfriends, but the sad truth of the matter is that they are programmed from birth to inseminate as many ladies as possible; it is a man’s training, luckily many men are able to control themselves.
What is libido in women?
Libido is the same as what it is in men, only it means something completely different to women. The birds, Bees, animals and mammals do it, but you will find that women are slightly fussier; women will only do it when there are scented candles alight, a glass of champagne by the bed, rose petals on the bed and a soft pair of male lips to kiss… and not forgetting the most important fact, that the partner has done the washing up after dinner first. With women there is a more complicated method of thinking when it comes to their sex drive. Men’s sex drive tends to be very straight forward. There are a number of issues which will affect a woman and can suppress her sex drive. These are:-
- Stress, this can be a terrible passion killer. Keep your stress to a low level; try some meditation to aid your stress levels.
- Arguments within a relationship causing unresolved issues between you both will cause your libido to drop.
- Alcohol is a major passion killer this may be hard to believe when many people tend to be less inhibited after a little to drink. But it can make you feel numb to the point where you have no sex drive at all.
- Exhaustion, just too tired to have sex, this will make a woman’s libido drop, or even a man’s libido will drop.
- Some medication will make your libido drop, such as Antidepressants. Depression itself can play a part in the fact that you have a very low Libido.
- If you have a poor body image, then this can have an effect on your libido. Men do not really look at your body; they still find you sexually attractive if their libido is high anyway.
- Menopause will slow down your libido. This can be due to many things, including physical effects such as dryness and erectile dysfunction in men leading to lack of closeness between you both.
Herbs to boost libido, do they work?
You will find that the use of herbs to boost libido is becoming increasingly more popular, people are turning away from more common forms of libido boosting agents such as ‘Viagra’ and using herbs instead. There have been many herbal remedies which have been extensively studied and researched and discovered to boost libido significantly. Not only do they boost libido, and boost sexual performance, but they also add a bit of fun and adventure to your sexual encounter together. It is something that both partners can embark on together.
Humans have tried some of the weirdest things that I have ever heard of to try to boost their sexual levels, ranging from such things as:-
- Lions blood
- Elephant tusks
- Rhino horns,
- Pigs genitals,
- Penis of a ram,
- The dry leftovers or remains if you like of Cantharis beetle which I believe maybe better known as Spanish fly.
Ginkgo Biloba is a well-known herb which has been used to boost libido, it comes from one of the oldest trees on planet earth, Maidenhair tree. This is where the Gingko Biloba actually comes from. You will find that there are chemicals which are antioxidants and they are called ginkgolides and bilobalides. These chemicals will help the blood to flow through your veins and vessels.
Dong Quai is made from most parts of the tree angelica. This is a Chinese tree; they use the seed, roots, stalks and leaves of this tree to produce the Dong Quai. This is a great tonic, especially for people who suffer with PMS, menstrual problems and lack of libido. It helps you to relax and stay calm.
Potency wood, which is better known as Muira Puama is a roots and leaves extraction from an amazon tree in the Brazilian rainforest. You will find that there is a great benefit to this product when it comes to your libido and sexual desire as it is thought to have effect the brain directly to increase the sexual desire, by causing electrical signals to be sent directly to the genitals.
A root plant which you will find growing at a high altitude is the Maca Root, which is a very flexible root because you can eat it with everything and fresh. You can add this root to yoghurt, soup, cereal and salads, although it does have a very acquired taste. It is said that the Incan warriors would use it prior to going into battle because it was believed to increase stamina, although its use was stopped due to the fact that it was believed to cause a raging libido.
All these herbs are great for use to raise libido, but as with anything use in moderation is what is required.