Every woman wants their man to have a drop dead gorgeous beach babe six pack, or every man wants abs that he can show off and be proud of. Come on admit it, you would wouldn’t you? Ok! So how do you go about getting a six pack? Having a six pack is a sign that you are in peak fitness and you are perfectly healthy, and dare I say it, but it has become your ticket to success when it comes to sex appeal.
What are six packs?
Basic definition is that the muscle named the Rectus abdominis which are muscles paired with another one. They both run vertical either side of ones abdomen. Another word for a six pack is washboard abdomen. The Rectus abdominis is a very important muscle when it comes to maintaining your posture and flexing your spine around the lumbar region. The vertebre here are the largest moving vertebre in the spine. You can see this clearly when you do a crunch; you can see the movable part of the vertebre.
Work your plank.
You may think it sounds just too good to be true, but you can build a six pack by not moving or doing anything. Yes it is true, you can build your abs by not moving and it will not hurt your back either in the process. It is incredibly easy to get the hang of, and you can strengthen your abs anywhere you are.
Image Source: achievesixpackshortcuts.yolasite.com
So how do you do such a dream form exercise?
To perform this exercise, then you need to get yourself into the position that you would normally get yourself into when you are going to do normal press ups. Instead of leaning on your hands you need to be leaning on your elbows allowing your forearms to take the weight of your body. Tighten up your abs as though you were about to get kicked in the midriff. Hold the abdominal tightness as long as possible, keeping your body as stiff as a plank. This will not happen overnight, you will have to be patient. You can also do this exercise when you are doing other activities, such as walking to work, walking up the stairs while you work, if you do the ironing, then you can do it while you iron or vacuum clean. This theory does not work for just men; it can work for women also. Women tend to be on their feet a lot of the time, what with the ironing, cleaning, child care, school runs, shopping and more. You will often find that women tend to suffer from back pain; this can be because the back muscle is a lot stronger than the Rectus abdominis. If there is a distinct difference in the strength between these two then back pains can develop. Women while you work, do this working your plank exercise.Just pull in your abs toward your back and hold it for as long as you can. This is one of the most basic exercises that you can do to strengthen your abs. For a more strenuous workout to work your abs here are some other ideas. But, before I give any more ideas for exercising your abs, do bear in mind a few facts. Do not train your abs every day as you will over train them and you will not gain the results that you want and another fact that you should take into consideration is that you should never go into the more strenuous exercising without a little warm up first. The best way to do this would be to do a short run, brisk walk or a jog on the treadmill. If you do not have a treadmill, then a run up and down the stairs, a skipping rope or just some stretches will warm you up.
- Traditional crunch and traditional sit-up is what could be classed as the basic abdominal exercise. It is the most basic form of all the exercises out there. You do need to do this right though to ensure that you do not cause yourself injury. You need to lie on your back with your knees bent so that you have the soles of your feet firmly on the floor then place your hands behind your head. Do not hold onto your head as you can pull on your neck which can cause injury to your neck. Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you stretch out your elbows, now bring yourself up without arching your back. Your lower back should remain in contact with the ground or the exercise mat; you should only be using your upper body. Do not rush these crunches else you will cause yourself injury, overdoing it will also cause you injury, stick to 25-30 at a time, not hundreds. This is where people make mistakes. Some people you will find prefer to do it the other way round, keeping their backs completely flat on the ground and lifting their bent legs up and down in a crunch fashion to strengthen their abs.
- The midair bicycle works beautifully to train your abs into shape. By lying on the floor as you would if you were doing the leg crunches above, you bring up your legs to a 45 degree angle and cycle your legs as though you were riding a bike on your back. To complicate it slightly you can place your hands behind your head, bringing your elbow to the opposite knee on every cycle movement performed by your pedaling legs and do not breath hold. Keep your breathing on an even keel all the way through your workout.
- Do bear in mind that when you are trying to train your abs, you need to strengthen your back too and your entire core. If you only work on your abs and not your back, then this can give positive rise to poor posture. A beautiful abdomen may look amazing to the ladies, and make you feel a million dollars, but it will be counterproductive if your posture is off balance. Leg lifts are another good way of working on your abs and you’re back together; this will also work on the thigh muscles, which is perfect if you are someone who uses their legs a lot.
Main points of workout for your abs:
- Drink plenty of water a day
- Get plenty of rest – 8 hours per day,
- Do not overdo it.
- Do not train your abs every day; 3-4 times a week is just fine.
- Keep your meals small but often.
- Train your whole core.
- Warm up to ensure that you do not damage your muscles from working out on cold muscles