Do you want to know more about chin goals and how it can affect you as a patient? Then this is the article for you. It will help you find out more about this disease and how you can treat it if possible. Here are some of the major details about the disease as follows.
Shingles refers to a viral disease produced by the virus that causes chicken pox. It has various characteristics as follows call:
- Blistering rashes along the nerves of the body.
- Why does this occur?
This happens when the defenses of the immune system are already unable to fight off the chicken pox virus.
Mode of Transmission
You will be able to catch chicken pox if you come in contact with someone who has shingles by touching the area of the rash. They can affect a few number of people, especially those with the following characteristics:
- If you are of old age.
- It would affect younger people if they have a weak immune system.
- Stress can also lead to this condition.
The Beginnings of the Disease
- It starts with a tingling sensation and itchiness on the skin of any infected individual. After a few days, you will be able to feel rashes on your skin specifically on your torso or your face.
- After this, the rash will grow into small blisters that are usually filled with fluid.
- It can also cause you extreme pain. It will dry out for several days.
- One advantage of this type of disease is that it is only limited to one specific part of the body.
Other Characteristics of the Disease
- It is contagious
- It can only be transmitted through direct contact.
If a person would come in contact physically with a person with shingles, they may be able to get chicken pox. However, they will not get shingles. For this reason, people with shingles are advised to stay away from people who have not been exposed to the virus yet. More importantly, they should stay away from pregnant women because the immunity levels of those individuals are too weak and may be too dangerous for the unborn child.
One advantage is that you will not have chicken pox anymore if you have been exposed to the virus already. However, if you come in contact with the person who have shingles, that individual may activate your dormant chicken pox virus and you may develop shingles as well.
Usually, doctors may recommend the following to relieve shingles.
- Antiviral drugs
- Anti- depressants
- Anti- convulsants
- Topical creams
As mentioned earlier, shingles can be very painful as well as itchy. However, it will not be as dangerous to healthy people and would usually pass without any major damage. It usually lasts for 3 to 5 weeks. However, it can also cause serious problems such as:
- Partial Facial Paralysis
- Ear damage
These are just some of the major complications that you can get from the disease. This is a why it’s important for you to have all the information that you would need to know about the disease so that you will be able to handle it better in the future.