In order to be in good physical shape, one must inculcate the habit of consuming healthy food. Adding or increasing the quantity of fruits or seasonal vegetables in the morning breakfast would boost a person’s energy to last him for the whole day. Incorporating winter vegetables in all meals of the day, would do a world of good to a person’s overall health. It can lower the risk and protect the body from various infections, medical diseases etc. like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and blood pressure. Vegetables contain no contaminants, chemicals; have no cholesterol or unhealthy fats, are low on fats and one can be assured to be able to maintain a great figure apart from a healthy life, if they opt for at least one serving of vegetables every day.
Many diseases today are related to people having unhealthy eating habits and poor lifestyle. Hence, it’s essential to have good nutrients in the food that one takes. Fruits and vegetables are full of goodness and sometimes contain more vitamins, minerals, and other essentials than any other food can have. So, it’s wise to choose more of the green vegetables and fruits than fried and junk foods.
There are some vegetables that one must add to their daily breakfast to maintain a good life, these are as mentioned below:
Healthy Diet during the Winter
• Broccoli: Broccoli has high impact on the body’s detoxification system, protecting it against cancer etc. besides providing the body with cholesterol lowering benefits, vitamin K and A.
• Beets: Beets supply the body with betalains that have benefits like, lessening tumor cell growth. Moreover, they have anti inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification effect.
• Onions: Onions have been known to have many beneficial effect on the body like, cancer prevention, body detoxification, safeguarding against heart diseases etc. Onions also provide the body with vitamin C, biotin, calcium, chromium and other dietary fibers.
• Chards: Consuming chard provides the body with at least 13 polyphenol antioxidants, cardio protective flavonoid, other primary flavonoids like, syringic acid etc.
• Carrots: Carrots provide important polyacetylenes including falcarindiol and falcarinol which are known to have anti colon cancer growth cells besides antioxidant benefits, vision health, cardio vascular benefits etc.
• Potatoes: Potatoes supply the body with vitamin C, Potassium, vitamin B6, manganese etc. Potatoes contain phytonutrients that are known to have antioxidant nutrients etc.
• Kale: Kale is leafy green vegetable that provides the body with anti oxidants, anti inflammatory health benefits, cardio vascular support, cancer prevention health benefits etc.
• Parsley: Parsley is beneficial for maintaining a healthy life as it contains many vitamins, nutrition, minerals etc that help strengthen the immune system and purify the blood, protects against heart diseases, bacteria and fungus etc.
• Squash: Winter vegetable like squash provides carotenes, vitamin B1, B6, C, fiber, folic acid, potassium and pantothenic, niacin etc. It protects the body against lung cancer, other heart diseases and type 2 diabetes.
Thus, various winter vegetables have various benefits that can really help keep up a good healthy life free of diseases. People should add more vegetables not only in their daily breakfast but every meal that they take.