Losing weight is nothing but an art of staying healthier and fitter. Never have an image that it’s a punishment or a battle. With this mind set, the first and foremost important thing you have to do is, to know the optimum weight based on your height, age and gender. Know the required BMI (Body Mass Index) for your body, through a reliable source like a registered dietician or a physician. When you are done with knowing how much belly fat or body density you have accumulated, tackling it becomes much easier.
There are primarily two arenas through which one can achieve weight loss. One is by reducing the quantity of food intake. Second is by consuming optimum quantity of good and nutritious food needed for your body without starving.
The former is followed by most, is obviously a wrong approach as your body suffers serious under nutrition and renders you tired and sick. The latter is a better method for weight loss and should be supplemented with normal, healthy and daily workouts to increase body metabolism and burn away the already accumulated belly fat. Tips which I have compiled here for you are nothing but a healthier routine and those which can be easily followed.
- Start the day ‘early’ with a fresh glass of water. No matter what, keep supplementing your body with lots of water and other liquids like fresh fruit juices (not the flavored canned juices) through out the day.
- Always remember to have loads of quality (nutrient rich) breakfast as your body has been starving since that dinner you had 10 to 12 hours ago. Use egg, fruits (like apple, banana, orange), dry fruits like cashew, berries like strawberry, acai berry etc. This heavy breakfast keeps you going through out the day.
- After this breakfast, cut down on quantity for further meals of the day. Remember to split your lunch and dinner into smaller parts with smaller time gap.
- Make sure you deliberately avoid fast food, junk food and food from cafes. Instead with proper time management, make up your mind to prepare food at home.
- If you can achieve this much, you are already half way through. You very well know what is healthy for your family. Use lots of cereals, grains, pulses, vegetables, green leaves, fruits and spices. This ensures you are supplied with required fibers, proteins, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients inapt quantities.
- Avoid sweets. Also learn to say ‘no’ to fried and roasted food stuff. Instead insist for boiled food.
- You can also take assistance from particular diets like the Acai berry detox diet which not only provides nutrients but also has advantages like detoxification, weight loss and so on. These diet items come in various forms like Acai Berry Detox pills, juices etc, and can also be consumed in natural form like a snack.
This was all about the dieting strategy. Make sure what you have consumed as food in a day is completely utilized or thrown away by the body which otherwise leads to fat accumulation.
Exercise regularly preferably in the early mornings. Go for a jog or for cycling/ swimming or even a brisk walk for 20 minutes should serve the purpose. There are simple workouts which can be done at home too. Practicing yoga daily for 15 minutes is proved to be more than sufficient. Simple push-ups, sit-ups and treadmill walk done on a regular basis not only helps achieve weight loss but on a long run, also helps you achieve those six pack abs you have always dreamt of!
About the Author: The author of this article is a social activist and blogs actively on the internet in spare time. Areas of interest include health dieting and the latest technological developments across the world.