Environmental dust and pollution, unhealthy lifestyle routine including nutrition-less diet, and lack of proper hair care are some common reasons behind the growth of baldness problems in both men and women. However, the good news is that this common hair health-related issue can cope up with a natural ingredient i.e. castor oil which is a very commonly used ingredient in many households, medicinal, pharmaceutical, and above all in skincare and cosmetic industry.
Castor oil helps to treat baldness in a very safe and effective manner. However, you cannot expect overnight results otherwise you should look for some other option. This remedy definitely needs patience and regularity to get desired and long-lasting results. This oil is rich in versatile nutrients that naturally stimulate the healthy and strong hair growth by nourishing your scalp and fragile hair follicles.
The baldness or severe hair loss related hair health concerns are primarily related to bad scalp health. If your scalp is dry and flaky then it is likely to impact hair follicles leading to severe hair loss if timely care and treatment are not provided.
The castor oil usage nourishes your dry scalp and removes flakiness or dandruff problems. Hence when your scalp gets rich with a healthy environment your path of healthy hair growth automatically opens up. Apart from this, the castor oil is also useful in the treatment of other scalp conditions.
This natural remedy is very safe and cost-effective with comparison to costly commercial hair care products that claim for very big things like instant hair growth results and baldness treatment but they hardly fulfill those promises. Also, they are often rich with chemicals that can further harm your scalp’s inner health.
So to relieve all these problems castor oil for hair growth and baldness problem is the ultimate solution that anyone can try without any fear. Though there is no scientific research to support the benefit and effectiveness of castor oil for hair growth and baldness treatment, people who have used this oil have given only positive remarks out of their experience of dense and healthy hair growth which makes it a considerable DIY remedy.
How It Works
Table of Contents
Castor oil is rich with different healing properties that make it effective in creating a favorable environment in your scalp for healthy hair growth even in areas that are affected by baldness for a long time. This natural and medicinal property-rich oil works through below mentioned ways to relieve your baldness problem.
- Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid that helps in curbing prostaglandin D2 synthase that is an enzyme responsible for badness and decreasing hair length and growth.
- Castor is a rich source of Vitamin E and Omega-6 fatty acids which are two essential nutrients needed for healthy scalp and hairs. These essential nutrients nourish your follicles and strengthen your hair shafts and roots that further helps in eliminating hair fall and baldness issue.
- Castor oil is rich in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that help in boosting your scalp health by removing common scalp problems like dandruff, dryness, etc. Once your scalp gets healthy enough, your hair fall issue naturally reduces to a remarkable amount.
- Castor oil massage in your scalp boosts blood circulation level that helps in flushing out toxins existing in the hair follicles. Also, it offers proper nourishment to your follicles so that it can grow only healthy hair in the future.
- Castor oil is a great natural hair conditioner. This feature really works well for creating a favorable environment for healthy hair growth. Many times an unhealthy hair gets thinner due to breakage in the lack of conditioning. Castor oil application eliminates hair-splitting and hair breakage problems and strengthens your strands for healthy and dense hair growth.
- Castor oil is rich with natural moisturizing properties. So it adds enough moisture on your dry and frizzy hair which not only gives it an attractive look but also prevents hair fall and damages caused by dry and frizzy hair.
5 Best Castor Oil Remedies to Treat Baldness
Castor Oil And Hibiscus Petals Mixture
Hibiscus petals are a good source of antioxidants which is used as an effective ingredient in many cosmetic products for skin and hair health and beauty enhancement. When these beautiful petals are mixed with castor oil it boosts its efficiency. This amazing recipe works very effectively in improving your scalp health by soothing it and promoting the growth of healthy hair. It also prevents hair from split ends and breakage problems. It works as a great natural conditioner.
- 1 Tbsp castor oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp almond oil
- 10-15 Hibiscus petals
- 2 Vitamin E oil capsules
- For preparing this recipe for your baldness treatment you need to combine all the above-mentioned oils in a bowl to get a smoother oil blend. Now add two capsules of Vitamin E oil and mix them well.
- Now crush the hibiscus petals in this mixture and mix well. Leave it overnight.
- Apply this prepared oil blend all over your scalp liberally. Make sure that each and every spot is well covered. Apply the mixture down to your hair tips.
- Give a good massage to your scalp for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Focus more on your affected area that is the bald portion of your scalp or where the hair loss issue is too high.
- After massaging your scalp leave the oil blend for an extra 45 minutes in your scalp and then wash it out with water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy three times in a week for getting speedier results in terms of healthy hair growth in the baldness prone areas.
Castor Oil And Rosemary Oil Mixture
Rosemary oil is one of the most effective natural ingredients known for stimulating faster hair growth. This essential oil is also used in aromatherapy, reduces stress and tension, and improves mental activity. It also fights against oiliness which can cause different scalp related problems leading to rapid hair fall. When mixed with castor oil its effectiveness increases. It helps in unclogging your pores and soothes your dry and itchy flakes with its potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- For preparing this castor oil baldness treatment recipe first you need to heat both castor and coconut oil in a pan at low flame for one minute. Do not overheat the oil, so to ensure this keep the flame at a low level throughout the process.
- Now pour this heated oil into a bowl and mix 4-5 drops of rosemary essential oil in it.
- Apply this prepared oil blend into your scalp. Use the oil till the tips of your hair.
- Massage your scalp with this oil blend for 5 to 10 minutes. Focus more on the affected areas where the hair loss issue is intense.
- Leave the oil as it is for an extra 20 minutes after finishing the massage.
- After the resting time wash off the oil with water and sulfate-free shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy at least 2 to 3 times in a week for the best and speedy recovery of your lost hair and to relieve your baldness issue.
Castor Oil And Lemon Essential Oil Mixture
Lemon essential oil is known for its versatile features and benefits for improving your skin and hair health naturally. It is also effective for your scalp treatment and boosts healthy hair growth by curing common scalp issues. Being rich in Vitamin C nutrients it promotes collagen levels that aid in the growth of healthy and beautiful hair. Also, it leaves behind a very beautiful aromatic smell that ensures freshness in your scalp and hair.
- Mix both the oils in a bowl and heat this oil blend over a very low flame to get it slightly warm.
- Apply this oil blend on your scalp ensuring that every spot is covered well. Apply the oil down to your hair tips for ensuring the full nourishment of each strand.
- Massage your scalp with this oil for five minutes with more concentration on your baldness affected area.
- Leave the oil as it is for an extra 15 minutes after completing the massage.
- Wash out the oil with water and mild sulfate-free shampoo after the resting time.
- Repeat this hair care remedy 2 to 3 times in a week for getting the best and speedy result.
Castor Oil And Coconut Oil Mixture
Castor oil is an essential oil having a very thick consistency, so it’s quite difficult to apply it alone. For this reason, it must be combined with a carrier oil to balance the consistency to a good level. Coconut is ideal carrier oil having its specific healing properties that boost your scalp health by eliminating its issues. When mixed with castor oil it helps to saturate your hair much better. It improves the health of your hair shaft and promotes the growth of healthy hair in highly affected areas. As coconut oil is rich with a highly penetrating feature so it not only strengthens your hair follicles but also deeply condition it.
- For preparing this baldness treatment recipe first you need to combine both the oils in a bowl and heat it over a low flame until it gets slightly warm.
- Apply this oil blend on all over your scalp evenly. After covering your scalp with blend oil apply the oil down to your hair tips.
- Massage your scalp with this oil blend for 10 to 15 minutes concentrating more on the affected areas where hair loss issue is high.
- After massaging leave the oil as it is for extra 30 minutes or as per your preference you can even leave the oil overnight.
- Wash out the oil with water and mild sulfate-free shampoo after the resting period thoroughly.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times in a week until your baldness issue resolves.
Castor Oil And Tea Tree Oil Mixture
Tea tree oil is rich with many medicinal properties such as antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory that helps in the treatment of different scalp health-related issues such as dandruff that is the root cause of unusual rapid hair loss and baldness thereon. It also helps in deep cleansing of your scalp which creates a favorable environment for healthy hair growth. When mixed with castor oil it increases its effectiveness that helps in reducing hair fall issues and boosting new hair growth, especially in the baldness affected areas.
- For preparing this baldness treatment remedy first you need to combine all oils in a bowl and then heat this oil blend until it gets slightly warm.
- Cover your scalp with this oil blend ensuring that every spot is well covered. After that apply the oil down to your hair tips.
- Massage your scalp with this oil for 10 to 15 minutes concentrating more on the affected areas.
- After massaging leave the oil as it is for the next 30 minutes or you can leave overnight as per your choice.
- Wash out the oil with water and mild sulfate-free shampoo after the resting hour.
- Repeat this remedy 3 times in a week for the best and speedy result.
- There is scientific research to support the effectiveness of castor oil for hair growth and scalp treatment. Experts say that the idea that castor oil usage will stimulate hair growth is unrealistic. Yes, with its conditioning effect it can promote the growth of hair but there is no direct correlation between the castor oil application and hair growth has been established.
- Castor oil should not be applied on hair directly as it is excessively occlusive in nature having very thick and sticky consistency. So if you apply it alone it may be stuck in your scalp and hair for several days and may clog your pores or hair follicles and shrink the oil glands, which is really problematic for your good scalp and hair health. So it must be balanced with a combination of carrier oil and active essential oils that balances the sebum production for healthy hair growth.
No doubt dealing with baldness or severe hair loss problems are extremely difficult to deal with as hair is something that enhances our appearance and looks. However, you can try the above-mentioned remedies as castor oil helps to treat baldness if it is used properly and consistently. These treatment techniques will not only reduce your hair fall issue but will also help in increasing your hair volume in a safe and effective way.