The fruit smoothie sorbet recipe is one of the best summer days treat that you can give yourself as well as your friends and family members with few simple steps and fruits of your choice. It offers variations of flavor as you are free to use fruits of your choice and experimentation with a new fruit every time you make this recipe.
However, we cannot bound it just as a summer days treat as you can enjoy its yummy taste at any part of your irrespective of all seasons. Yes, no doubt it offers instant relief from scorching summer days heat and energies you with its energy-boosting ingredients.
The best part of this recipe is that there is no need to use added sugar and chemicals or preservatives in it as you are getting highly delicious natural fruit’s flavor in it which has no comparison with any artificial sugar.
This recipe is really a great mode to enjoy seasonal fruits as there can be no better option to enjoy your favorite seasonal fruits in a recipe rather than the fruit smoothie sorbet recipe.
The best part is that even if you are going to prepare it the very first time in your life then also you can make it with 100% confidence with our tried and tested recipe instructions shared below in this article.
You can make this recipe in two ways and both of them are quite easy and offer a variety of flavor within a few minutes of preparation time. So make your fruit smoothie sorbet either using the food processor or blender and freezer or you can make it with the help of an ice cream maker as that one also taste great and easy to prepare.
The sorbet drink will not only calm down your mind and body instantly with its natural cooling effect but will also benefit your overall health as this recipe is dairy and gluten-free and vegan.
Moreover, without adding any food color your sorbet recipe will naturally offer the eye-soothing color that it derives from fruits that you use as its ingredients like mangoes, watermelon, oranges, berries, raspberries, etc.
For enhancing its taste and health value you can also add honey in it that depends on your personal preference. This kind of variations you will hardly get in any other recipe than this. So let’s start with recipe steps that are simple to understand and follow.
Fruit Smoothie Sorbet Recipe
Table of Contents
cups natural peaches and other seasonal fruits, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana for a smoother texture
- 1 cup coconut milk or any other fresh fruit juice
- For preparing this fruit sorbet recipe first you need to pour all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and then blend it for at least 1 to 2 minutes time until the mixture gets smother. Make sure the mixture texture won’t get too thin. It should be a thick puree at this stage.
- Pour this puree into your freezer in a safe container and let it freeze for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the container from the freezer and re-blend it or use a hand blender to get a smoother consistency of your puree.
- Freeze it again in the freezer in a safe container and let it set for another 1 to 2 hours until your smoothie gets softer.
- Your fruit smoothie sorbet is ready to eat. Enjoy this luxurious dessert with your family.
- You are free to do mix and match with different fruits to customize its taste or flavor that ultimately liked by your whole family.
- Use a gallon-sized zip loc bag for storing the puree and then put this bag into a metal or plastic container with a lid. Surround the bag with ice and put on the bucket lid. Shake it for about 20 to 30 minutes. This trick will help in making a smoother and soft ice cream at a very fast speed.
Mango Smoothie Sorbet Recipe
Häagen-Dazs Mango sorbet
- 1 cup yogurt
- Pour all the ingredients into the pitcher of a blender or blend it smoothly with a handheld
blender. Blend it for one minute or more until your smoothie gets a smoother texture.
- Pour this smoothie in a glass and enjoy its great taste with your friends and family.
- In the mango sorbet recipe, you are free to blend any other overripe fruit available in your home. As this will no way compromise with its original taste instead will make it versatile with respect to flavor.
- Though this smoothie is served usually as morning dessert but the same smoothie you can drink in the afternoon or evening time as well without worrying about its taste deterioration.
- While blending your ingredients in the blender it is best to make it in short bursts because the blades heated faster which can melt your sorbet.
- You can adjust its sweetness by adding plain water or orange or any other fruit juice.
Strawberry & Banana Smoothie Sorbet Recipe
choice in this single fruit smoothie sorbet recipe. It’s too easy to prepare and a great summer days treat at home.
- 15 strawberries hulled
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 ¾
cups Strawberry sorbet
cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches
- Pour the strawberries and sliced bananas into a blender and blend them on medium speed until the mixture gets smoother. Blend the orange juice and peaches together. Scoop in the sorbet and blend them until it gets a smoother texture.
- Your fruit smoothie is ready to drink. Enjoy this amazing drink with delicious strawberry and other fresh fruits taste.
- In order to get smoother puree at faster speed cut all the fruits in very small pieces. Use pitted and chopped peaches in the blender.
- In order to adjust the sweetness level of your fruit smoothie, you can use water or any fruit juice if you do not like the taste of sweeteners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can this sorbet recipe prepared in bulk and stored for further use?
In one term the answer to this question is No. This sorbet is meant for consuming immediately after the end of your blending process. The reason why you cannot store it for further use because the fruits that you use has its own little sweetness that might not taste that yummy or sweet if you store and consume it later on.
Also if you store it into your freezer the chances are high that your sorbet gets solid soon just like an ice chunk. In that case, you need to wait for a few minutes until it comes to normal temperature and consumable texture after taking it out from the freezer. So it is best to eat this sorbet immediately to enjoy its original delicious taste.
How much sugar should be added in a bulk made sorbet and that needed to be stored for future use?
In order to maintain the sweetness level of the sorbet recipe that you want to make in bulk and store for the future, you can use for every 500g sorbet, 200 g of sugar or 150 g of maple syrup or honey. Extra added sugar also helps in keeping your sorbet softer even though you use it quite later.
If you want to store your sorbet in the freezer then mix alcohol along with sugar in order to maintain its texture and preventing it from freezing so that you can scoop it immediately after taking out of the freezer.
Can I add flavors?
Yes, you are free to use different fruit flavors of your choice. This recipe is not limited to any particular fruit group. It is open for any seasonal fresh or frozen fruit. Yes, using sweetener is optional as without using an added sugar you can make your smoothie healthier.
Some other fruit flavors that you can use for preparing the fruit smoothie sorbet recipe include watermelon, apricot, blackberries, cantaloupe, papaya, oranges, cherries, feijoas, passion fruit, and kiwi fruit.
Is this mandatory to buy fresh fruits for making this smoothie?
Absolutely not! There is no need to buy only fresh fruits for preparing this smoothie. It is quite usual to buy and use frozen fruits from the market to prepare your morning smoothie. This makes your life easier as in the morning you do not have to rush for the market.
However, if you are buying fresh fruits and want to use it later on then you need to peel and cut them into cubes and then freeze these fruits on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Once it froze put them into freezer bags and store it in the freezer.
This step is not needed for small size fruits such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries as you can store them directly into a zip lock bag into the freezer. Use this ready to use fruit ice cubes into your sorbet recipe whenever you want to make a fruit smoothie sorbet.
Can I use overripe fruits in a sorbet?
Yes, you can buy overripe fruits from the market for preparing the sorbet smoothie recipe. However, in this case, you must avoid the added sugar usage as your sorbet will be naturally highly sweetened because of the taste of overripe fruits. So added sugar is not required to include in ingredients or even though you want to use it then add very less amount of sweetener.
How to do an egg test to check sugar density?
Egg test is a very important part of the fruit smoothie recipe in order to check sugar density. For this first, you need to wash and dry an egg in the shell and allow it to float in your prepared base. If this eggshell is bigger than a dime this means your base has excessive sugar content. In this case, you need to mix a little amount of water or a fruit puree to adjust the sugar level.
In case your egg sinks or lesser than the dime that means there is not enough amount of sugar in the base. So, add a simple syrup or sugar or corn syrup to adjust the sugar level and then repeat this egg test again until it gets successful.
Tips for Making Smoothie Sorbet
- For making added sugar-free sorbet use always fresh, ripe and clean fruits.
- If you are using alcohol in your sorbet recipe then use it to a very minimal amount. In case alcohol is more than 3% of the base then it will not freeze properly and your smoothie will not get its desired texture.
- If the sugar density seems perfect during the egg test still it is excess sweet then to balance the sweetness level you can use lemon juice which will naturally cut the excess sweetness level with its sour flavor. Also, it will add a new flavor to your sorbet recipe.
- If your sorbet base is perfectly sweet still the egg sinks during the egg test then you can use light corn syrup in it as the corn syrup sweets lesser than the sugar. This trick application will rise the sink egg without increasing the sweetness level of your sorbet as much an added sugar would do. Also, the added corn syrup will help in making your recipe smoother easily.
- If your base needs more sugar content then you can use an instantly prepared syrup by boiling the equal amount of sugar and water together until it dissolved fully. Let this prepared syrup cool first and then mix it into the base.
- If you do not want to use chemical preservatives while freezing it then freeze your sorbet base on the same day when you are willing to consume it. This will help in keeping your sorbet texture smoother.
- You are free to thaw your sorbet as many times as you want and refreeze it again to adjust its flavor until you get your desired flavor.
Follow these simple tips and step by step fruit smoothie sorbet recipe guide to make a delicious summer days treat with very little effort and expense.