Before you got pregnant, you might have that lean waistline you love flaunting at the beach. You might even be working for that six pack abs for women that are supposed to make your figure get more sensuous and sexier. But then you got pregnant.
After the normal course of pregnancy, your tummy expanded and your belly skin stretches and you add more weight. So far, losing your weight is not your main concern. The health of the baby is what preoccupies your mind. Then you gave birth to a beautiful baby girl or boy and after all the wounds of childbirth heals, it now becomes time to get back to where you used to be, mentally as well as physically.
However weeks have already passed after you have given birth to your beautiful angel and yet your belly is still as big as when you are carrying a child. If this is the case, then you need to do something rather than sit around and weight for your belly muscles to retain their normal shape. Since you would be hoping to bring your body back in shape and proper figure just like before, when you were not pregnant yet, then you start doing those belly exercises that you hope can help your belly return to its natural lean shape. But getting back in shape might be hard yet you can still achieve it by following these very simple steps.
Image source:– flickr.com
Tips for getting Flat Stomach After Pregnancy
- 1. One way of reducing the size of your belly is by breastfeeding your baby. Studies show that breastfeeding have a weight loss effect. When you breastfed, your body releases oxytoxin which is a natural mammalian hormone. When this hormone is in the brain, it acts as a neuromodulator which serves to increase the activity in the brain and also body metabolism which serves to reduce weight. However this effect can be negated by eating a lot of food. Breastfeeding can make you feel hungry and that is why you need to eat high volume food but with fewer calories to ensure that you will not eat excessive amounts of food. You can do this by eating food with high fiber content and avoiding refined wheat snacks that do not fill your stomach fast enough. You can also fool your body into having that filled feeling by drinking lots of water.
- 2. You should get rid of the food that is not healthy and will not bring any benefits to you. The best example of that are junk foods that are full of calories but low on nutritional content. You should check your refrigerator and cupboards and replace the unnecessary food stuff with healthy and nutritious types of food.
- 3. You always need to make sure that you reduce your food intake throughout the day. It is not advisable for you to do this instantly nor should you go on a diet right away since it will bring harmful effects to your body. Give your body a chance to adjust. Your body normally decreases its body metabolism once it senses that you suddenly cut on food. This is a perfectly normal response, thanks to millions of years of human evolution our ancestors have periods of famine so that they sometimes roam around with very little food. To survive, their body metabolism decreases so that they will be able to survive on low calories. This mechanism is still being observed on most mammals that hibernate through the winter months. By just reducing their body metabolism, they can survive without eating for several months. In humans however, food is very accessible so that eating food after a diet can actually make you fat because of the low body metabolism you have acquired through fasting. So, reduce your food intake gradually each day so you will still have a normal rate of body metabolism.
- 4. Although you are reducing your food intake, you still need to make sure that your body will get the nutrients that you need. Remember that you are not only feeding yourself but you are also feeding your baby. You need to make sure that you familiarize yourself with the nutritious food that you can buy in the market today. Most available food today and food supplements can give you your recommended daily allowance of nutrients without the accompanying high caloric content. All you need is to read the labels and shop and eat wisely.
- 5. Grab every opportunity to exercise. You might reason out that you need to take care of your baby. This is not an excuse! You can bring along your baby and go for a walk. In this way you will get the exercise that you need. Simply walking for 30 minutes will burn a lot of calories in your body. Exercise also makes you feel good and improves your body’s immune system as well as help in detoxifying your body from toxins and chemical wastes we sometimes get from what we eat.
- 6. Contact your friends and ask them to go for a walk or do some workouts together. Being accompanied by friends will give you the motivation to complete an exercise program. Still, you need to make sure that you ask your doctor first regarding the exercise you are planning to undergo. Some exercises like high impact activities can actually be harmful to your recovering body so be careful at the type of exercise program you will undergo.
- 7. Although you need to exercise, don’t overexert yourself. You are still in recovery process from pregnancy and that’s why you need to make sure that you will only do moderate exercises. Some low-impact exercise activity can help you lose fat and weight without putting a strain or injury to your body.
These are some of the ways that you can follow that will help you reduce the size of your belly. By eating a balanced and nutritious diet as well as following a daily exercise routine, you will be able to lose your weight in a fast and efficient way. After several weeks, your friends and acquaintances might be surprised that you are already in shape even though you just gave birth to a child.
This is a Guest Post by Suzzane “Suzzy” Gindi from FlawlessBeautyandSkin.com .If you are also interested to write for HealthResource4u, Please check our guest posting guideline