Reading Time: 8 minutes
This easy cheese chips recipe is a perfect snacking option especially if you are looking for a healthy plus yummy snack. This grain-free cheese chip is very easy in preparation and it would be a great money saver that you invest in buying commercial snacks which costs very high and in return, you neither get appropriate quantity nor can you rely on them with regard to health aspect.
These crunchy, crispy chips are a one-stop solution for every snack lover irrespective of ages or taste buds. You can use these crunchy textured chips as dipping, nachos and many other commonly consumed snack variations.
Make them once at your home we are a hundred percent sure that you will surely gonna be a great fan of this fancy looking keto-friendly snacks. Especially for children, this is a great healthy snacking option as it no way affects their health no matter how much they chew at one sitting.
The best part of these homemade Keto chips is that you can save the leftover chips very easily for three days without getting worried about its quality and taste deterioration. It only takes a very minimal amount of time to make them ready for snacking, so you will surely not feel bothersome to make them as and when you need it.
Whether you want to please your guest or want to surprise your friends and family members with your coking expertise try these homemade cheese chips which only requires very few simple steps to follow and your handy snacks will be ready to serve.
Keto Cheese Chips Recipe
- 8 tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In between line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Now pour a tbsp of shredded cheese on the preheated cookie sheet into eight mounds. Press these cheese mounds gently.
- Sprinkle on to the cheese mounds with the red pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes or until edges are brown. Wait until the edges are deep brown to make your chips crispier. Usually, start checking the edges after 15 minutes and depending upon your taste preference you can increase or reduce the baking time.
- Take out the pan from your oven and allow the cheese crackers to cool down and crisp up on its own. Keep them on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing them. After that remove them gently with the help of a thin spatula.
- Serve them when it cooled completely. Dip these crispy chips into a sauce or enjoy them alone whatever way feels good to your taste bud.
Easy Cheese Chips Recipe
- Freshly grated cheese of your choice such as asiago, parmesan, etc.
- Herbs or spices of your choice (optional)
- For preparing these crispy cheese chips first you need to lightly oil the cookie sheet with olive
oil. If you do not want to use oil then spread a parchment paper or baking mat on the sheet.
- Now put some folded slices of cheese over the cookie sheet. Leave a sufficient gap in between for spreading purpose.
- Turn on the oven and broil the cheese.
- This needs a constant and careful watch for getting your perfect cheese chips recipe. When you will see the bubbles are dimming and it is just beginning to brown then remove it
immediately. With regular practice, you can easily estimate accurate timing for this particular step.
- Take out these chips when its edges turn to slightly brown. Remove them gently with the help of a thin spatula. Place them on a towel-covered plate and let them cool.
- When your cheese chips get cooled completely you can use them for the snacking purpose whichever way you would like to eat them.
- Store the extra remaining chips in a shallow dish when they are fully cooled. Pack them between the layers of a waxed paper.
- To make your cheese chips more spicy add a dash of the spice of your choices such as cumin, chili powder, basil, curry powder or Cajun seasoning.
- You can also make a cheese chips boat with this recipe that you can use as a taco salad shell. For this make your cheese piles a bit larger in size and put them in a bowl immediately after removing from the cookie sheet.
- Don’t store the leftover cheese chips in a container until it fully cooled.
- Top your chips with jalapeño.
- Your grain-free cheese chips are ready to serve. Enjoy them fresh with your friends and family members.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I store keto cheese chips?
Never store these chips when they are hot. Wait for them to cool down on their own. Once cooled store them in an airtight container. You can store these chips for up to three days at room temperature. Don’t store them for a too long period as with the passes of time the crispiness of these chips reduces. So try to eat them fresh.
How can I enjoy these cheese chips?
These chips are good in taste on their own without any added food option. However, there is no lack of variation with these healthy crispy snacks. Dip them in sour cream or in sugar-free marinara sauce for some change.
Does cheese chips are unhealthy?
The 100% pure cheese chips are though not unhealthy completely but this is also true that it is not an everyday food that you can munch in your snack time. However, it is true that it is a much better option than highly processed snacks or such snacks.
Yes, cheese chips contain a greater amount of fat and calories with a comparison to common snacks. So if consumed regularly it can cause you to gain weight rapidly. Also, people who are lactose intolerant issues for them also it is recommended to consume these chips in a moderate amount and not on a regular basis. The best solution for lactose-intolerant people is to have a weekly rotation of different dairy food products such as butter, yogurt, cream, cheese, etc. This rotational and limited intake of these daily foods will reduce and even can eliminate the lactose intolerance issue in the long run.
How to Add Variations in Cheese Chip?
You can add variations into your cheese chips recipe by including the following options-
- Add different spices of your choice to enhance its taste and for making the normal cheese chips spicier one.
- Before baking your chips sprinkle them with green onions.
- Top each cheese chips with a slice of jalapeño or anything else that you think will go with these grain-free healthy chips.
Some Healthy Snacks Options that Can Aid in Weight Loss
This really sounds contradictory when we think of losing weight along with having snacks every day in our diet routine. Strange but it is possible if you choose some healthy snacking options in your day to day life. These healthy snacks are good for your overall health, moreover, it stimulates weight loss process by helping your body in this regard. So let’s start with some very easily available homemade snack options that can aid in weight loss.
Mixed Berries and Greek Yogurt
This is really a mouth-watering combo and perfect snacking option for speeding up the weight loss journey in a healthy way. When we plan to lose weight we often think to cut our snacks meal from the diet routine. This kind of action plan can work for a few days and weeks after that, out of an immense craving for snacks you can again start consuming all unhealthy and your goal sabotaging snacks.
However, this can be well replaced with this amazing combination of highly nutritious and delicious Greek yogurt and mixed berries which are the powerhouse of different nutrients such as antioxidants. Simply add the mixed berries into yogurt and your delicious snack will be ready to serve in no time.
Being rich in protein Greek yogurt can satisfy your hunger easily and also control your cravings for the next meal by keeping your stomach fuller for longer.
Flax Seeds, Cinnamon and Cottage Cheese
This is another best healthy snack that can aid in your weight loss goal achievement. Flax seeds, cottage cheese and cinnamon all three are known for their impressive health benefits because of their rich nutrient content. Out of this cinnamon is used in many recipes that are used for people who are willing to lose weight. Cottage cheese is rich in protein so can easily satisfy your hunger by promoting the feeling of satiety.
Again flax seeds are another effective natural diet content that is known for several important health benefits such as for reducing weight, controlling blood sugar level and even reduces the risk of breast cancer. This amazing snack combo provides a very good amount of protein and a very little and negligible amount of calories which makes it healthier for your ultimate health goal along with good taste.
There will be no other easier and healthier snacks option than the mixed nuts as you need not requires to do anything for preparing these highly nutritious and health-friendly snacks.
Nuts are naturally remain loaded with essential nutrients and each one of them benefits your health in some other way. Also as they are rich in protein, fiber and healthy fats content so can easily curb your hunger level.
Also, it is a readymade meal that you can carry with you whenever you go out. This is really a great savior when you are out of your home place and where you do not have any healthy snacks option. Munch a handful of mixed nuts and stay fit and healthy without any worry of gaining more weight as it involves with the intake of high calorie and high fat-rich snacks.
Almonds and Dark Chocolates
This is another stomach filling and handy snacks as you can easily carry along with you whenever you go out. Dark chocolates containing 70% of cocoa is truly healthy for people of all ages and health conditions. The flavanols content existing in dark chocolates improves your heart health and reduces blood pressure level which are very common health issues associated with people who are overweight or obese.
Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fat which is healthy for your cardiovascular health and also helpful in controlling blood sugar levels. It can easily control your appetite by satisfying the hunger level in your body with its very little intake. So, prevent you naturally from the frequent and overeating issues in your day to day life that helps in reducing your weight over time.
Dark chocolate and almonds are rich in magnesium which is good for your health. One ounce or 30 grams of both dark chocolate and almonds provide 300 calories to you which are not very high.
There could be no better snacking option than the fresh-cut fruits. This is a great way of getting benefited with seasonal fruits which are loaded with different varieties of nutrients plus highly filling. These are portable snacks option and you need not even worry about its preparation as you just need to cut them or even you can consume them directly without cutting into pieces.
Mix different fresh fruits in a container and have them on your sacks time. Though it will not directly work on your weight loss goal but indirectly it has a great impact. Moreover, this is a healthy option to replace all unhealthy readymade, packaged snacks. Fruits like apples, grapes, oranges, bananas, pears, guavas are ready to eat snacking options.
The above-mentioned snack options are really great for your health as if this will not do anything good for you then even it will not affect your health in a negative way. For a change, on a given day you can try our easy cheese chips recipe which is perfect in taste and even good for you if you have them on rotational days.